Five to Share

1. Snowstorm: iPhone Pictures that I took when it was snowing and the day after- doesn’t the second picture look like little bon-bons?

2. Commenting: After reading Grit and Glamour’s Build a Better Blog Series, I’ve decided to start handling comments differently.  Thanks to Disqus, I can reply to each comment in-line, so check back on the post to see what I’ve commented back!  Along with that, I plan to continue visiting your blogs and commenting there.  What do you guys think of that system? Would you rather I reply only in one spot or do you like the sort of two-pronged approach?

3. Pay it Forward 2011:  I’ve contacted the first five people who responded, but I haven’t heard back from #5, so I have one more spot to fill (see link if you want to know more about the project).  Any takers?

4. Nokia ‘Dot’:  I think this stop-animation video is sooo cool, you should definitely check it out!

5. Blog to Follow: Ashley- Two Eyes in the Mirror

What do you guys think of the format of this post for Sundays?  It is sort of a weekly roundup, like Alyse suggested, mixed in with stuff/links I found interesting this week, and a blog to follow to share the blogger love!  I’d love to know what you think! :)  Also, when I wasn’t even looking, this blog crept up to 117 followers!  I’m so flattered that that many people think I have something interesting to say, you guys are the best! :D

Comments

Well, I think you did a great job and thank you so much for sharing the tutorial! I'll definitely let you know if I try it! :)

2. Alannarama says

hi there! thanks for the comment! i didn't make those notebooks all in one go but a rough estimate…. AGES (about 2 days) to design everything, draw out a zillion grids and line up typewriter, scan it, print it, scan it again cos it wasn't straight… but in terms of actually making the books, maybe five hours altogether to make five notebooks, spread out over three days. i used this tutorial: http://michaelshannon.us/makeabook/index.html

i am well impressed by all that snow!!

trinketsandtea.blogspot.com

3. Elle Sees says

i didn't see a comment link so i clicked on your post. i'm not a Disqus fan, but that doesn't stop me fr commenting.

That's interesting, I didn't know that Disqus can take a long time to load, thanks for letting me know!

5. The Merry Traveller says

It does look like white fluffy cakes. I am not a big fan of Disqus truthfully. It takes too long to load and sometimes it doesn't load at all so blogger comments work for me but hey if others have no problems with it, go ahead with it!

Glad to hear it! :) Yes, I was reading somewhere that about half of the people check back, so I didn't want them to look for a response and not find it! I think this way, I can respond to direct questions in-line and still check out everyone else's. Haha, and yes, it was waist-high in some places, so crazy!

7. anja says

thank you..the owl ring is from Claire's :D
    i like your blog..i follow you :)

xo anja
    anjasfashionblog.blogspot.com

8. Rosie says

I like the new Sunday format, definitely.
    As for comments, I tend to comment on blogs but I don't check back (such a lack of time, haha!) so I love that you're still commenting on everyone else's still.
    I have never seen such a ridiculous amount of snow before, haha.

Rosie x