Newspaper Anyone?

cardigan- forever 21, shirt- H&M, shorts- Charlotte Russe,
socks- Target, oxfords- Primark

I feel like all I’m missing from this pageboy outfit is a cap and a newspaper!  Nevertheless, I really like this look, especially the menswear inspired elements.  This is the last outfit that I took pictures of while I was at home- that’s why I could get away with those bare legs!  Also, I’d been looking for a pair of shorts like these to wear in the winter and found these on sale in Charlotte Russe for $8.

Unfortunately, not a lot to say today because despite my best efforts, I’m feeling under the weather.  Still, I’m going to try to be productive and use the holiday to hunt for jobs and write cover letters.  Tell me about your weekend though, what did you do?

Comments

Thank you Carol and I hope my comment was helpful for your decision! Also, thank you so much for following! =)

2. CazSchuh says

I do enjoy this outfit, I love wearing menswear inspired pieces too but as I have really short hair I have to make them look girly!! No such problem for you:) Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I am now following you and would love it if you could do the same.

Carol x

3. zarna says

what a cute look! i love the oxfords!

…in response to your comment, my favorite bravo show is top chef (and rachel zoe when it's on!) & i also love all of the real housewives shows!

4. taking pictures over heels says

Hello :) I gave you a blogger award and you can find it on my blog. Visit takingpicturesoverheels.blogspot.com and take it :) Hope you like it.
    Kisses
    Anna

5. Ashley says

Hey Nnenna!

Love the shorts and those shoes! Not to mention the fact that you got the shorts for $8. Steal!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog!

–Ashley
    araeofstyle.blogspot.com

6. Alyse says

I like the shoes and the menswear vibes you have going on. I think a pageboy hat would complete this look!

7. Laura says

looking lovely!! nice newsies reference, by the way (:

i'm going to miami next weekend and am mostly just excited about bare legging it every day!! haha

Thanks Kathleen! Sometimes I feel super sick and then other times I'm fine, so it's coming and going in waves! I'm not entirely positive exactly what kind of job I want, but I'm pretty sure that I either want to be somewhere in Europe or back home in California. Where do you think you want to work? Also, thanks, and I hope the same for you! :)

9. AmberBlueBird83 says

wicked cute outfit. Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day, it was very sweet. I have been exploring your blog and its quite cute, not to mention we live somewhat near each other. Of course I have to follow a fellow nutmeger :)

10. Sara says

Hi girl!!! Thankls for your lovely comment in my blog.

Love the combo between red and denim, you look great,
    xx
    S

11. The Merry Traveller says

I went to the museum over the weekend because it was free entry so we got to see some exhibitions which were free and the rest of it had to do with a whole lot of food and eating :) The shorts are a good buy, I imagine you will get a lot of use out of them during summer.

12. Kathleen says

very cute! i love the color of the cardi. the oxfords makes it a chic preppy look, love it! aw i hope you feel better girl! and def agree, I need to start job-hunting myself lol. where are you trying to work? newhoo, hope you have an amazing week lovely! :)

<3, Kathleen.

Hi Ashley, thank you! Glad to hear that you had a good weekend! Does your boyfriend live far away, so you can't see him that often?

You are more than welcome :) So far, I prefer Disqus, but I know some people really don't like it and sometimes it glitches up, so we'll see how it goes!

14. Ashley says

Hey there! This outfit is great! I love the shorts…I kinda have been wanting a similar pair for winter but still haven't made a purchase yet. Tall socks + shoes is one of my favorite combos this season, too, so Y-A-Y!

I hope you get to feeling better soon! I had a great weekend…spent it with my boyfriend, which was nice because I haven't really spent much time with him since Christmas. I'm just now catching up on the blogosphere! I saw your last post too, and I want to thank you for mentioning my blog! :) I really appreciate it. <3 I think the move to Disqus will be good…I tend to ask a lot of questions in my comments, so I appreciate when anyone takes more of an effort to directly respond back to me. This should allow you to do that quite easily! I like!

15. Rosie says

I love the pale blue shirt teamed with the burgundy cardi – you're right, it is very menswear but in such a good way! The socks and brogues are great too :)

Rosie x