On Nnenna’s Needles #2

El Otoño Morado

This is probably my favorite item that I have ever knitted!  I made this last winter break and it took me about a month to complete the project.  When I saw the lacy pattern, I fell in love and when I was searching for the perfect color to make it in, this vibrant purple just jumped out at me!

The original pattern was shorter with buttons (see link under first photo), but I decided to make my cardigan longer and also open.  I think this way it has a more relaxed feel and I can wear it so many ways, such as belted over a dress or open with a pair of jeans!

A little more about my knitting background- I am co-president of knitting club at my school in my residential college (we’re called Berkeley Knitters).  We are fortunate enough to be funded by the college, which pays for all our materials and such.  We meet weekly on Saturdays to eat and chat and knit together.  At the beginning of the semester, the leaders of the club plan out the projects for the semester and we try to include a variety of things, such as new techniques, quick and more involved projects, and at least one charity project as well.  Knitting Club is definitely one of my favorite activities at school and I just wanted to share a little bit about it with you guys :)

If you just got hit by the storm on the East Coast, hope you stay as dry as possible and happy hump day to everyone!  See you Friday :)

P.S. I just joined IFB and I’m so excited to be a part of that community! :)  Also, I saw this post on Grit and Glamour and I think it’s such a cool idea!

Comments

1. Screamyourfeelingsout says

Hi girl!
    How are you?

Your blog is very nice!
    Come check mine &. Would you like to follow each other?

Hugs &. Kisses, Valerie
    @ screamyourfeelingsout.blogspot.com

Thank you Kirstin! That's cool that your mom is a knitter, I too am always trying to teach my family members how to knit! :)

Thank you Chelsea- I wish I could form a knitting club with all my blogger friends who want to learn, that would be tons of fun! :D

4. Amy says

Thankyou for the comment on my blog, wow that's a gorge cardi, you're so talented :)
    I'm following you
    Amy,x

5. Kirstin says

Oh wow, I'm so jealous of your amazing knitting skills! My mom is a knitter and has tried to teach me on numerous occassions but I just can't get a handle on it. That sweater is just wonderful!

6. Sarah Waldron says

Oh my gosh, well done! I learned how to knit at shcool but I don't have the ability to knit something as complicated as that1

7. Chelsea says

um, so, if you could make me this and send it to me for my birthday, I would appreciate it very much. you are mega talented, and now I want to be in a knitting club ;)

xoxo

8. Sian says

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog =) I can't believe you knitted that yourself, that's amazing!! You should make more and sell them, I would definitely buy one!! I've never been able to knit, I'm not very coordinated and I just get tangled up in the wool haha!

Thank you Sydney! Also, I just recently discovered that song (I don't know where I've been!) and I love it!! It's been on repeat in my iTunes for days! =)

10. Sydney says

that cardigan is SO CUTE! it's so amazing that you made it! i'm jealous of your knitting abilities, that is seriuosly so cool. and yes, my blog name is named after the Florence + the Machine Song! I looove Florence! :)

Thank you!! Haha, well I'm a jealous of your crocheting skills, I've haven't yet tackled a large crochet project like your beautiful blanket!

12. Michelle A Clement says

Wow! :) What a gorgeous sweater! I'm totally jealous of your knitting skills – I have yet to learn/understand, and have to just stick with crocheting for now…lol. Lovely!

Thanks Krystal! You could totally do it- I always tell the beginning knitters that there only two basic stitches that you have to know and knitting is for everyone! :)

14. Laura says

i cannot believe you knitted that yourself! i just showed the pictures to my roommates haha, and we're all amazed. you have talent!

also, in answer to your question, i work on a research grant at the university where i go to school. it's a pretty great job! i'm really lucky to have it – helps pay the bills!

15. Ashley says

Yay! So glad to see you went with the idea–I love this feature! I can't believe how talented you are…it looks like something you'd pay $$$ for in a store!

16. The Merry Traveller says

You are so clever with your fingers! I have little patience and am a huge klutz! I'll probably knit the sweater I am wearing into whatever I attempt to knit or something! So professionally done!

17. Rosie says

I love this, it's completely perfect! I agree with the longer length – it really suits you :)

Rosie x