On Nnenna’s Needles #7

Meet my good friend Grenadine!
Grenadine
Grenadine is my first (and really my only) foray into crocheting!  We had a session during my weekly knitting club meetings where we all learned the basics of crochet and this is what I decided to make.  I’ve made a few knitted toys in my day, but Grenadine is definitely my favorite, which I think is funny since I crochet so little!  Grenadine is usually perched on my bedpost, just as pictured, but one day I took her for a little outing to show her off to some friends.  A stranger saw her peeking out of my bag and commissioned me to make another horse for her friend’s birthday!  So now meet Grenadine’s friend:
same patten as above

I didn’t name him because I knew I wasn’t going to get to keep him, but in their short time together, he and Grenadine became fast friends! =)

Comments

1. Inthehammockblog says

oh my gosh, the cuteness!! I love these!! They're adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

2. The Laugh Slut says

OMG, SO CUTE! CAN I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE ONE?! AHH! I wish I could do that on my first go, you talented girl!

xxAnisa

Awww, thank you Sandra! I'm really glad I stumbled across your blog, it's so fun to see what's on other people's needles! =)

4. Threepumpkinslittle says

I cannot believe this was your first go at crochet–holy smokes! It is so adorable. Hmn, gives me serious motivation to (possibly) learn crochet. P.S. thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm having a ball looking around yours–wow!

Thank you Sabine! Oh, it's difficult for me too, that's why these are the only things of crocheted (the pattern was very simple!) Reading about your experiences with machine knitting has really made me want to take a class, or something like that! :)

6. Megan Wesley says

Oh, they are so cute! I have a pattern for a crochet horse too that I have been wanting to make. I just need to stop telling myself that I can't crochet and just try it.

7. Ashley says

So let me get this straight: you don't even crochet on a regular basis?! My grandma crochets all the time and I doubt she could make this little girl. She makes some kick ass potholders, though. Great job!

8. Sabine says

Oh wow, they are amazing (and cute!). I'm finding it quite hard to get my head around crocheting… So double impressed by your work.
    (btw, have I answered your question yet? I paid £120 for the knitting machine. You can get cheaper ones on ebay. But this one was fully overhauled and has a guarantee if there's sth wrong with it.) xo

9. Shanah says

Oh my God, that's soooooo cute :D Great job! I'm really a bad knitter.. I suck at it. I can't even make a scarf without holes hahaa!

Aww, thank you V, that is so sweet of you! :D Once I'm out of school and hopefully have more time, I think I will consider starting an Etsy shop!