The Luxor/ Julian Serrano/ lobby at the Aria/ Bellagio water show/ Treasure Island/ the Wynn/ the Venetian/ gondolas inside the Venetian/ Fremont Exchange (old Vegas)/ elk at the Grand Canyon/ South Rim of the Grand Canyon/ Grand Canyon/ Grand Canyon/ cupcake hat in the candy store/ walking down the Strip/ jamón serrano/ Crystals Shopping Center/ Vegas at night/ Marquee entrance stamp/ Wynn hotel sign/ indoor atrium/ inside the Wynn/ inside the Encore/ Nevada State Line/ me at the Grand Canyon/ sunset at the Grand Canyon
You might remember this project from an outfit post from the beginning of the year. I finished this vest in January, I believe, and it’s a pretty cozy, thick vest. I really love the deep blue color of the yarn and the lacework on the vest. If this is the wintry version, then I want to make this vest’s summery sister- lighter weight of yarn, more open/lacy, and looser fitting. Now I just have to find the right pattern…
Tell me: How do you feel about the crochet/open knit looks that have popped up this season?
|cardigan and tee- forever 21, skirt- thrifted, boots- UrbanOg|
Unfortunately, it is quite rainy here, which means that I am still wearing boots some days. All I want is for it to be sunny so that my feet can breathe in some open sandals and I can only wear a dress and be perfectly fine. I really want it to be nice for Tuesday, which is Spring Fling! Spring Fling is our annual outdoor concert and this year the lineup features Third Eye Blind, Designer Drugs, Big Gigantic, and Lupe Fiasco. Half of those people I have never heard of, but I think Third Eye Blind should be all right and I’m excited for Lupe because I actually know his music. Cross your fingers for me that it’s sunny!
These boots are one of the few shoes that I own that aren’t black (shocking, I know!). Casee and I have been talking about how we want to incorporate more color into our wardrobes and I think I definitely embraced color with the first Bloggers Do It Better Challenge! I think I really need to take a pledge to add more color to my wardrobe, so here goes: I hereby pledge that at least 90% of the clothes/shoes I purchase over the next month will not be black (see how I cut myself a little slack there? ;)
My second Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Group post, so exciting! This week’s questions are about inspiration and it’s been fun thinking about where my inspiration comes from.
1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration? There are several celebrities whose style I admire- I wouldn’t necessarily say that I try to copy them, but I often like what they wear.
Zoe Saldana: Well, first of all, she’s absolutely gorgeous and I think her style is effortlessly chic in a way that I really love.
Blake Lively: She is one sexy lady and doesn’t mind showing off what she’s got!
Rachel Bilson: She’s petite (like me!) and looks chic both on and off the red carpet.
2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you? When describing my personal style, I find it really difficult to pinpoint the right words. I would say that I’m inspired by looks that are girly and simple/comfortable, yet still chic. I’m a pretty mellow, easy-going person and I think that’s reflected in my style. Other times, however, I want to try something different, like tough combat boots or bright colorblocking! I don’t know, help me out with this one guys! How would you describe my style?
|girly girl- pearls and bows|
|a little edgier|
3. How do you hope to inspire your readers? As I often say, I’m inspired by real-girl fashion and I hope to do the same for my readers. I hope I inspire my readers to try new outfits, learn a new craft, or learn more about a topic that’s new to them! I’m inspired by my fellow bloggers everyday and I just want to share the love and pass on the inspiration. =)
4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you? This is a little bit of a reiteration of one of my answers from last week, but I think my parents are really inspirational. They have both overcome a lot of adversity to get to where they are now and they’ve done it all together- I think that’s really amazing.
5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you? Anything by John Legend (click here and here for my two favorite songs). Seriously, he’s my go-to artist no matter what emotion I’m feeling, and especially when I want to relax or focus. His voice is just so…soothing and in my opinion, it touches the soul. I would absolutely love to see him in concert!
Just had to include this picure because they are so cute together, but boy, am I jealous of this girl! ;)