Bloggers Do It Better: Colorblocking Challenge!

BDIB#1_1

When I read about the Bloggers Do it Better Challenge on Kristina’s PSS blog last week, I was immediately in!  I thought it would be a fun way to try out new trends and that it would give me extra motivation to take outfit pictures.  This week’s challenge was colorblocking or bold stripes, and when I remembered about it yesterday, I had no clue what to wear!  I almost thought about bowing out and waiting for the next assignment, but then I decided to push through because that’s the whole point of a challenge!

earrings- gift, shirt and skirt- forever 21, wedges- Old Navy

First, I found the brightest solid-color bottom I own- this skirt.  Then I searched through my shirts to find something that I could wear with the skirt.  I didn’t want to go for green because I thought then I would look too Christmasy, so then I pulled out this bright turquoise tee.  And that’s where I stalled for a while.  In my head I thought, “Do these colors really work together?”  Then I said, ‘Screw it! I’m going to wear them anyway!” I set up my tripod, put on some bumping music, and had so much fun taking these pictures!  I was just bouncing around and trying all sorts of poses and here are the results =)

Tell me: Are any of you participating in Bloggers Do it Better?  Have you guys tried the colorblocking trend?

Check out other submissions here!

Comments

hehe, thank you!! :D Also, for some reason I can't click through to your current link- do you mind leaving me another one?

2. Michelle says

great pictures! I might have to borrow a couple of these poses! The color combo is fantastic and you look too adorable!!

Thank you so much! Haha, this was the only bright skirt I had so I had to use it! :) Definitely going to check out your look!

4. Imogen says

I just found you via Kristina's blog. I participated in bloggers do it better too. I love these colours together, you did a great job.

5. Anna says

you did a perfect combination!i like turqoise and fuchsia…they really stand out! Oh! and I love the colorblocking on your nails.

6. Casee Marie says

Ahhh, you look gorgeous! And I love your poses, and your colorblocking skills, and your multi-colored nails. Too cute! Lovely job with the colorblocking; I'm not taking part in the event but I did just buy some bits of color so hopefully I'll be rocking the trend soon! I actually went shopping last week with the intention of not buying a single thing in black. I bought two black tops, but I got a lot of other colorful things so I guess that's still good! I need to diversify my wardrobe a bit, haha.

Thank you so much Plami! It was really fun to try the challenge and go outside of my comfort zone! :)

Aww, thanks so much Janette! :D These poses just sort of happened and worked out- normally I just do the same things over and over again!

9. Writeitinlipstick.blogspot.com says

ooh you did a great job with the color blocking you kinda look like a ballerina very cute.

10. Plamena Zahova says

Bloggers do it better indeed!!! I love the way you interpreted colorblocking! You look gorgeous!!!! I haven't tried this trend yet and I don't think I will because I am more the florals and pastels type… But who knows :)

Xoxo
    Plami

11. Janettethejongleur says

WOW! You seem so graceful! Andyou're beautifuL!! I stink at posing.. I have one pose..and that's it…Hand on the hip looking to the left! lol

I know, it was totally a challenge to pair two bright colors together that I would never really think to put together! Haha, and with that bright red skirt, I knew it would be too easy to look like an elf or something! Thanks Claire! =)

13. Claire says

isn't funny how color blocking is all about not matching? or something like that. but the bright bold colors look great together. laughing at your Christmas comment, cuz yeah, sometimes i think i can't mix red and green (or olive!). but you look great. and your nails look cool too!

Claire @
    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

14. Cait says

I'm joining in! Thanks so much for introducing me to Bloggers Do It better, love your colourblocking look, hope you like mine :)

15. Gentrilee says

I LOVE those colors together! Very pretty. :) I've never heard of this challenge before, but it sounds fun!

Trackbacks

1. […] This is one of a few outfit pictures taken in my old room that I haven’t put up yet!  Previously, I’d only worn this sheer bird-print cami on the weekends when I was going out with friends, but this day I made it appropriate for work by wearing a sold black cami underneath.  I also made this circle skirt a little more modest by unfolding the waistline and wearing it at a longer length (you can see how I’ve worn in previously here). […]