I joined the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Group a couple of weeks ago, but this is the first week I’ve been able to do a post! How cool that my first post lands on the one-year anniversary of FBFF! This week, the questions are all about gratitude, a topic that has been on my mind a lot recently as I approach this turning point in my life.
|me, mom, sister|
1. When it comes to me personally – I owe a lot of who I am to: Well this is the obvious answer, but it is completely true- my parents. They have worked so hard and sacrificed so much to be able to give my siblings and I a good life. Also, they have always encouraged me to strive to do my best and they are always there to catch me when I fall, so for that, I am eternally grateful to them.
2. When it comes to me professionally – I owe a lot of who I am to: I’m not sure I can call myself a professional, yet, but at my current level in life, I would have to say my boss Cyndi. I have been working for her since my freshman year of college and it has been an absolute pleasure. Cyndi quickly became more than a boss to me- she’s more like an aunt =) She has always been concerned for my well-being and supported me and I know that she’ll support me with whatever step I decide to take next in my life.
3. When it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough spots: For this question, I would answer that I’m grateful to the people who helped me realize that my blogging is worthwhile- it has certainly given me the motivation to keep going. Just to name a few: Sophi, Ashley, Laura, Courtney, Casee, Alyse
4. One blogging challenge I’m grateful happened because it made me stronger was… Hmmm, I think the greatest blogging challenge has been learning the in’s and out’s of blogging. You know, when I started off, I thought, “Okay, I’ll write some posts and people will read them!” As someone once said (I don’t remember who, let me know if you do!), my thinking was “If you blog, they will come.” Of course, I soon learned that it is not like this and that you have to work to form that community. It was a great lesson to learn, though, because I have met so many wonderful people through this blog =)
5. To my readers, I’d like to say… Thank you from the very bottom of my heart. Seriously, there are so many times when I just wish I could give each an every one of you a ginormous hug! Thank you for reading what I write, for your comments, and for your encouragement- I could not do this without you! Lastly, thank you for sticking by me as this blog has grown and evolved and I hope you will continue to do so =)