|everything but boots- forever 21, boots- GoJane|
Firstly, thank you to everyone who commented on my last post! It was a great experience for me and I was more than happy to share it with you guys. =) Secondly, I almost didn’t post this outfit. You know how you get the feeling that an outfit isn’t blogworthy? Well that’s how I felt about this outfit. Then I was like “Forget that!” because I’ve never claimed to be writing a high fashion super blog, but instead a blog about my life, which includes all sorts of things like fashion, my knitting, school, family, and so on. Part of sharing about my life is showing the outfits I wear and this is something I wore, so why not post this outfit? Basically, I’m trying to take the pressure off myself to be something I’m not and to keep true to who I am.
|I think this little tee is so cute and I’ve
actually done some of the things on this list!
Also, I’ve been thinking a lot about commenting on blogs lately and Alyse wrote a post that really resonated with me. So I have some questions for you guys (which are sort of a follow-up to the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday ones that were asked last week) that you can answer if you like and I’ll include my answers as well:
1. Do you only comment on a post if you have something completely original to say?
2. Do you check back on posts you’ve commented to see if the blogger has left you a response?
3. How do you feel about Disqus? Love it/hate it?
4. How do you feel about people who leave a link with their comments?
1. Not necessarily. I don’t mind being the 20th person on a post to compliment that person’s outfit choice because I’m showing my appreciation. Some people might find it repetitive to read a bunch of comments about how gorgeous their shoes or necklace or skirt is, but I am grateful to each person who takes the time to comment. I am certainly not knocking those who only comment when they have something original to say, I guess I’m just wondering if people are annoyed by reading comments that are fairly similar?
2. Not usually. I only check back if I have asked a question or if I think the post discusses a really interesting topic and I want to see how other people respond.
3. I have had a pretty pleasant experience with Disqus so far. I love how it has threaded replies, that way if other people have a similar question, they can see how I’ve replied. Also, I like how it emails to let the commenter know that I’ve responded to their comment. The only problem I’ve had is a couple of times Disqus hasn’t loaded for while. I’ve read on other blogs that some people despise Disqus, so as readers of this particular blog with Disqus, I would love to know how you feel about it!
4. I don’t mind people who leave a link with their comments and I usually do it myself. Let me clarify- commenting “Nice blog” and then leaving me a bunch of links to a blog or giveaway I consider spamming. On the other hand, I’m totally fine with people who leave a thoughtful comment and include their link at the end. To me, it is sort of like a signature and allows me to easily click onto their blog when I want to check it out.