On Nnenna’s Needles #13

Intarsia Bag

Looking back through my projects, I found this tote that I made a few years ago.  Just a simple knitted tote to hold my projects, with a little pocket I sewed on the inside for my smaller things.  Thinking about it, I realize I have a lot of fabric left over from my knitting projects…What do you think I should make with it?

Comments

Thank you Sabine! Hmm, well the lining certainly gives it more stability- so perhaps using a stiffer fabric might help a bit? Also, I've seen patterns for flat-bottomed bags where they insert cardboard on the bottom to keep the shape…Hope that helps a bit! Also, that blanket sounds lovely- I would love to see a picture! :)

Thank you so much Monique! Ooo, I love the thought of little scented pouches- I'm going to look up a tutorial- thanks for the idea! :D

3. Ashley says

This is so cool, as always. Amazing. I have no idea what you could make with your leftover fabric…but something tells me you'll come up with something swell!

4. Raindrops On Rosy says

I honestly couldn’t say, since I can knit at all. Or sew, or paint, or draw, or do anything crafty for that matter :) you seem like a creative gal though! I love the tote I think its adorable!

5. Laura says

ohhh, my! i love the front of that tote. i'm stumped, though, as for what to do with that extra fabric /:

6. Cat {brideblu} says

Oh, I am so envious, I just have no skills when it comes to knitting (I am all thumbs…people have tried to teach me countless times but to no avail :) ). Love your bag…the best part is, when you make it yourself, you can add any extra feature (ie…an inside pocket) that your sweet little heart desires!

7. Trophyboutique says

Cool! You have some talent there, lady! I have no idea what I would make, probably a crooked scarf since that seems to be my forte. If I could I would make a sweater vest, though!

8. Artfully Awear says

This is so cute! I love the colors you used. I don't know how much fabric you have–but I'm really into patchwork anything right now!

9. taking pictures over heels says

I love your projects! You are such a good artist and designer :)
    kisses, takingpicturesoverheels

10. Sabine says

That's a really cute tote. I'm still wondering how to give knitted bags a bit more stability… any thoughts on that? Many years ago my sister made a lovely blanket from all my old knitting samples. We still love it dearly.

11. Casee Marie says

How cute! I've always wanted to learn to knit, but I don't have a very good track record with crafts. I used to crochet, but I never seemed to finish anything I started! Same goes for latch hooking and cross-stitching. Ha!

12. Monique says

You are so crafty. i love it! maybe you can make scented schets to put in your sock/underwear drawer? My friend made little tiny scented pillows and filled them with lavendar theyre sweet.

Thank you Ashley! It seemed the winner of my poll was 'something patchwork' and I also love Monique's idea of making little scented sachets, so hopefully I can do both of those projects! =)

Thank you so much Ariel! I have quite a bit actually, so a patchwork something could be really interesting! :)