FBFF: Shoes!

FBFF: Designer Shoes
This week’s questions are all about shoes!  I mean, what girl doesn’t love shoes?! ;)
forever 21 bow flats- $12.50

1. What is your go-to pair of shoes? As boring as it is, black flats are definitely my go-to shoe!  I wear them so often, that I usually need a new pair every couple months or so!  I love these ones with the bow because they can be dressy or casual depending on what else I’m wearing.

2. What goes into your shoe buying decisions? I think my shoe buying decisions are very seasonal.  So if it’s summer, I’ll want that perfect pair of sandals and if it’s winter, I’ll be obsessed with boots.  When I buy shoes, I consider how many times I’ll wear the shoe and if it will be worth the cost.  Since I’m a poor student, the cost is usually under $60, although I have splurged on a couple pairs of boots over that price.  I also consider how the color of the shoe will look with the clothes I own, which is why I think so many of my shoes are black!

3. The majority of the shoes in your closet are what color? Black!  I’m always thinking, “What color of these shoes will go with everything?” and inevitably it’s black.  My friends have made fun of me for having a closet full of black shoes!  Now that I think I’ve got all the basics in black, I’m trying to add more colors- I really want a pair of bright-colored sandals for the summer!

4. When it comes to design shoes what are your favorite brands and why? Numero uno- that sexy sexy pair of Louboutin pumps!  One day I’m going to save up enough money and I’m going to own those *fingers crossed*!  I love these Chloé wedges because of the clean lines and because they are in such a bright, fun color.  Colorblocking is all the rage right now and I think these Pierre Hardy wedges are spot on, plus I love the combination of canvas and patent leather!  Lastly, these Brian Atwood pumps are just waiting to be worn out for a night on the town.  I think their metallic color is just perfect!

5. If price wasn’t an issue, you’d own which shoe? If money was no object, I’d have those Louboutins in my closet STAT! :D

Tell me: What do your go-to pair of shoes look like?

Also, I mentioned earlier in the week, I’m going out of town to New York, then to Myrtle over the course of the next week.  There won’t be any posts, but I’ll definitely still be on twitter!  See you lovelies when I return! :D

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday was created by Katy Rose of Modly Chic. Become a member at the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group to join in the discussion!

Comments

1. ~elisa~ says

Hi Nnenna! I wore the outfit you suggested and blogged about it on my latest post :) Check it out!

2. Ashley Rae says

I love how even if money were no object, you'd still choose the black pair! And I love your use of STAT. I hear it all the time at work but it's funny to see someone else use it.

No worries, I totally understand! I was so swamped a couple of weeks back, but now I'm done! =) Missed you too and good luck with the rest of you school work! I don't have set plans yet, but I definitely know I'll be going home for a couple of weeks after graduation, then hopefully I'll be in NY *fingers crossed*

4. Laura says

NNENNA! oh man, blogging has really taken a backseat lately cause school has been so busy, and i've barely been reading your blog! missed it! haha you have so many black shoes. what are your plans for the summer?

5. Sian says

I think most of my shoes are black too!! Well mainly the heels because they're more for evening and going out so they'll go with everything =) And those Louboutins, aaah I want them so badly!! And the Pierre Hardy wedges are AMAZING!! xx

Thank you so much Imogen! Woops, I forgot to include the description about FBFF on the bottom of the post, but it's there now and I'll post it as a comment to your page too!

Julie, I've missed you too! Ooo, nude flats or sandals sound perfect! My friend just bought a pair and they look so great on her and since then they've been on my list too! Hope you had a great weekend too!

I agree- black always seems like the most practical choice to me! But it's time to stop thinking practical and start thinking color! =)

9. ohsosophi says

I'm straight-up obsessed with those Chloe shoes. Soooo darling! What good taste you have, m'dear. Looking at my collection, it's clear that I am obsessed with brown shoes. I have three pairs of butterscotch colored shoes, three pairs of dark brown, and three pairs of cognac. and that' s just in my dorm. Oops!

10. Megan says

i'm such a flats girl, as in anything WITHOUT a heel for my go-tos! hey, im on my feet all day, can't really be wearing heels all the time!!!!right?!
    xx.Mwww.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

11. Imogen says

This is the best post ever, I'd love to do it, where do you get these questions from? I LOVE shoes so much! You have some very lovely shoes and there is certainly a lot of sense in having many black pairs.

12. Sarah says

You have a sickkk shoe collection! Very jealous!

My go to shoes are a pair of brown tweed flats, so I completely understand. So comfy, so easy. ?

13. Julie says

Great post! I'm totally the same– my black H&M flats are my go-to shoes (they're falling apart now though ):) and most of my shoes are black! I'm also trying to add more color to my shoe collection.

And I love the shoes you picked out, my favorite is the Chloe wedges!

14. Julie Iliana says

oh
    Nnenna
    ! I've missed visiting your blog! but I'm back :)))

and omg! shoes! my mom fusses at me A LOT when I buy shoes, lol which I promise is not often (I'm a poor student too boohoo) I love black flats and lately I've been on the hunt for nude flats! nude is a necessary color in my book when it comes to shoes. they go with everything! oh and nude sandals… -sigh

hope you have a great weekend! :)

X

15. Casee Marie says

OMG. A basic pair of black platform Louboutin pumps are my dream shoe without question. They're classic, timeless and they'll go with everything. I've heard they're ridiculously uncomfortable, but…don't really care. And those Brian Atwoods are amazing!

I can completely relate to going for black shoes. I have a pair of pink pumps and red flats, but they were both steals ($7-$8 at Marshalls and Target). Most of the time when I buy something it's black because it's so much more practical!

16. Claire says

I think I like the Pierre Hardy ones the best! But it would be a dream to have those Louboutins. My go to shoes lately have tbeen my multi-colored Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges. They seem to "match" everything lately!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com