CT Blogger Meet-Up!

CT Blogger Meetup 1

L to R: Amber, Lydia, Megan, me, Courtney

Last month, I made plans to meet up with some fabulous Connecticut bloggers. At the time, I thought I was going to be in New Haven for the summer, but even after I found out that I would be moving to New York, I did not want to miss this blogger meet-up! It was such a pleasure to meet these ladies and they were all so fabulously dressed! Let’s meet them one by one, shall we?

Amber

Amber

Lydia

Lydia

Megan

Megan

Megan

Courtney

Courtney

Courtney

And you might perhaps recognize this last person…

Me! :)

Nnenna

H&M Dress, Target Wedges

Nnenna

Nnenna

Your eyes do not deceive you- in that last shot, I am holding my new toy, a Nikon D40 camera! I bought it second-hand off of Craig’s List for only $250 and this meet-up was the perfect opportunity to bring it out to play! So far, I am loving it, especially how much better the pictures are turning out. If I get my act together, I might even take a digital photography class this summer.

We had so much fun shooting each other in a couple of different locations on Yale’s campus! It was really weird being back at school and not seeing anybody I knew. Also, normally I am one of the people looking at all the tour groups snapping pictures frantically, but this time, we were the objects of people’s stares! As you guys know, I am too chicken to do outdoor shots by myself, but with these girls I wasn’t too nervous at all and I had a blast!

After taking pictures, we headed to Barcelona, a delicious tapas restaurant in New Haven. There, the waiter commented on how dressed up we were and asked what occasion we were celebrating. When we told him we were all meeting for the first time, he asked how we met and someone responded, “Online…” which sounds really funny without the context to back it up! :D We ended up explaining to him that we are fashion bloggers and we even took a picture with him that is supposed to be posted to the restaurant’s Facebook page. After dinner we had drinks at a bar called 116 Crown (guess where it’s located? That’s right, 116 Crown Street! ;D 116 Crown had really interesting drinks, such as the Grey Lady that Courtney ordered, which has egg foam in it, but totally doesn’t taste like it does! Late in the night, we parted ways and agreed that we must do it again soon! This was my first meet-up and I can’t emphasize this enough- find other bloggers in your area and meet them in person! I bet you’ll have a fantastic time! ;)

CT Bloggers

Don’t forget to check out the other ladies to see more pictures and details of what they wore!
(all pictures taken by either Amber, Lydia, Megan, Courtney, or myself)

Comments

1. AmberBlueBird83 says

Oh my gosh I am soooo short! haha.  I loved meeting everyone and we definitely need to do a shopping trip asap.   I will start saving  my pennies now.

2. Ashley says

Ahhhhhh I know all of these ladies except Courtney!  How AMAZING was this!  I wish I could have came.  You're all so stylishly dressed, I'm seriously squealing here.  And girl, am I interpreting this wrong or did you really go to Yale?

Aww, you are so sweet- thank you Casee! I love having the prettier backdrop, but like I said, I'm still too chicken to take them outside by myself :/ Hopefully I'll get over that soon, but in the meantime, maybe I can rope people into taking pictures of me, haha! Oh, I didn't know you were thinking of moving! Where do you think you would be moving to??

Hehe, I'm glad I tried it even though it sounded weird! We'll have to sample some more of their crazy drinks! =)

Hehe, thank you! I wish you could have come too- I really want to meet all my bloggy friends IRL! :D

6. Lynzy says

I didn't know that you were from CT! Wish I would have attended with you gals! I am in Northern CT :)  You look adorable in that dress!

xo Lynzywww.sparklingfootsteps.com

7. Lauren says

Everyone looks gorgeous! I love all the different ensembles, especially your polka dot H&M dress. So cute!

8. tia_cherie says

So much fun. I have always wanted to do a blogger meet up but unfortunately I haven't been so lucky yet. I think it would be an amazing experience.

9. Sabine says

You're all looking totally fabulous – I like that there seem to be certain themes, like black shorts or lace or pretty dresses (okay, that's a bit lame), going on. The pictures are beautiful. I absolutely love my Nikon (D60) – nothing compares. Hope you are having fun with it!

10. Daisy says

fun fun fun! some of my newest bestest friends were made online, through blogging! I know, sounds creepy to an outsider. love your photo shoots above and your blog in general!!

Thanks Claire! Me too, I had so much fun reading each person's post about the same event! It was really cool to see the different perspectives =)

Thank you Gertrude! Aww, man, it is a bit of a distance, but maybe someday we'll be in the same place! =)

Thank you Rosie! Haha, yeah, it does sound like I mean the city, but really it's just a yummy restaurant named after the city! =)

Haha, yes, we did sort of have a theme, but totally unplanned! Thank you Sabine! It was so much fun taking pictures and I can't wait to learn more about my new camera =)

15. Ashley Sloan says

Oh wow how fun!!! I would love to do something like that but I don't know barely anyone in Colorado yet who blogs, since I just moved :) And you are SO pretty! Cute outfit too!

Ashley Sloan

16. BoulevarddelaMadeleine says

Looks like everyone had so much fun. Everyone looks so amazing. And I love your polka dot dress. It is too cute!
    -Madeleine