On Nnenna’s Needles #20

Summer Loving Vest 1

Summer Lovin’ Vest
Handmade Vest, TJ Maxx Tank, Forever 21 Shorts

A while back, I mentioned I wanted to make a more summery version of this vest. I envisioned something lighter and airyer and eventually I found the pattern that I was looking for. I love the off-white color because it has summer written all over it. Actually, this vest is made of a combination of two different yarns, one of which has a little bit of a shine to it, which you can see when you’re closer. Here I just threw it on over a sheer top with cute birdies all over and added some dark wash denim shorts for a casual summer look, but I can picture wearing it so many other ways- over a strapless dress on breezy day…with a skirt for a walk through the park….there are so many possibilities! =)

Comments

1. Alex Elizabeth says

Thanks for visiting my blog! You're so talented!  I can knit a little but nothing like this vest.  I definitely second the dress on a breezy day look, I think it would be so pretty.  Also, I'm a (mostly) New York blogger so we should meet up sometime.  Lydia might visit on the weekend sometime, maybe we can coordinate!

2. Cait says

I really like these light summer vests, it is so nice that you have made your own :) it is a great colour and looks great with the outfit!

3. leah shaul says

kudos to you knitted your own vest:)  thanks so much for visiting my page.   your blog is very whimsical and fun!

xo,
    Leah

4. Dale says

Wow, this is such a cute summer look and I think that's so cool you made that vest. I wish I could do something like that :) You have really nice skin and these shorts are so perfect for summer, I love everything denim right now.

xoDale
    Thanks for stopping by too. http://www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

5. PlatinumBatch says

I love this vest! I bought one just like it and could easily wear it everyday! Looks TOO cute girl :)

6. Gelreg07 says

Love your vest! I used to have classes in knitting but I never had the patience to learn so I didn't. Good for you :) And I like the print on your top. Pretty!

7. Gelreg07 says

gianellaperalta.blogspot.com

8. Penny Ka says

I wish I had some kind of knitting skills!I actually thought I would have some time this time and searched for some courses ( it is the first step no? :)) – but still haven't started!the vest looks really nice and i like the pattern on your top!
    Penny from stripedsocksplaypingpong.blogspot.com

9. Despina says

hi dear,thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :)
    i am following you now.follow me back if u want.
    nice outfit.great shorts!

10. kasia4333 says

I love your top! you look great :)

Btw I have one question… I love your  shop and I'm dreaming about collaboration ( I saw at mybestfriendjules.com that you work with some bloggers). Is it possible?chocarome.blogspot.com

11. Kirstin Marie says

That vest is incredible!!! That's so awesome that you made it. You look adorable in this outfit, I love it!

12. Rosie says

This is so lovely because lots of people are wearing these crochet summer vests, but yours is oh-so-individual :)

Rosie x

If you lived nearby I would totally teach you! =) Or there are videos on You Tube that show you what you need to know- that's where I go when I've forgotten how to do something! :)

Yes, I do! You can click the link under the picture to find it on Ravelry or I think I have a copy somewhere- I'll look around and get back to you! =)

15. hotchild says

Wow you are super talented and awesome! :) I love this look…and your fabulous blog name! Star-crossed smile = BEAUTIFUL!