BDIB: Maxi Skirt

Giveaway Collage Button

There are more round-up posts to come next week in honor of my blog’s one-year birthday, but in the meantime I though it was high time for another outfit post!  It’s been a little while since I last participated in Bloggers Do It Better because the timing wasn’t great for me on the last two challenges.  However, now I’m back in the game and I’m so excited to share this outfit with you guys!

Handknit Vest, Lefties Top, Thrifted Skirt (Goodwill), H&M Flats

I love these challenges for pushing me to try new things!  Six months ago, I would have told you that I couldn’t wear a maxi dress or skirt and look at me now [quick aside: I love that song! Busta Rhymes kills me with his verses! Ok, sorry, back to the matter at hand ;) ]!

I found this coral maxi skirt at the Goodwill back home in California and fell in love immediately.  The color and the beautiful cut and drape just were way too good to pass up!  However, I hadn’t worn it out yet because I couldn’t figure out exactly how I wanted to style it.  So this poor thing had just been languishing in my closet for a while, until BDIB gave me a reason to pull it out.  I decided to go the simple route and let the skirt do all the talking and I think it worked out well.  Then I topped it off with the vest that I knit recently and I love the boho vibe of the whole outfit :)

Tell me: How do you wear your maxi skirt or dress?

Check out the other submissions here!

Comments

This skirt is amazing, Nnenna! Totally digging the color. Such a great summer piece. And such a steal from Goodwill.

I love Busta’s verse as well. Made a video lip-syncing it. Check it out when you get the chance.

xo

Thank you so much Mattie! I think coral is definitely my favorite color this season :) Also, I totally love your video of his verse- one of the best lip-syncing versions I’ve seen!

I’m still struggling with maxi skirts and dresses, but your outfit looks lovely. Cannot believe that the vest is knitted, it looks like crochet. Really pretty!

Thank you very much Sabine! Funny you should mention that because a lot of the vests I looked at like this were crochet patterns, but I kept searching until I found a knit pattern because my knitting is much better than my crocheting! I used two different yarns held together, knit on large needles :)

I know exactly what you mean with pushing yourself. Also these challenges always inspire me. When I thought I’ve seen it al, someone inspires/surprises me with a look. Love the color of your maxi. And congrats on your blogavirsary.

I love the color of this skirt. When coral first hit the shelves I wasn’t sure how it would work but I find myself loving it in every way theses days. Such a great skirt! – Katy

LOVE that song too! I also am so glad you got to participate this round because I love this skirt on you! And that vest is so classic and pretty!

I think you said it best…”let the skirt do all the talking” Your styling allowed the color & beauty of the skirt to stand out.

I LOVE the color of your maxi skirt!! It looks awesome with the white tones of your top, vest and shoes!! Also, it looks great on you!!

Beautiful skirt, the color is so hot this season. (An awesome thrifty find). I’ve been all kinds of obsessed with coral and hot pinks. You look very pretty in this dressed down look with the white tee. And thank you so much for your visit to my blog!
    Van // The Clothes We Wear
    Wearing motherhood with style.