Bows A-Plenty

DSC_0041

Forever 21 Sweater, Skirt, and Tights, Payless Oxford Wedges

Whew! It’s been way too long since I last did an outfit post! Don’t worry, I have definitely been wearing clothes in the meantime, I just haven’t found a good spot to photograph my outfits in the new apartment. Sorry the pictures are a bit dark, but I wanted to capture this outfit that I wore yesterday.

You guys are going to be appalled- I bought this skirt in March and I’m just now getting around to wearing it! I think I told you about how I’m weird like that: when I buy new clothes I don’t like to wear them all right away, I prefer to save them for a day when I really need them. Well that day was today! I knew this skirt would look really cute with my new oxford wedges that I purchased from Payless via Suddenlee. If you remember, these were in my post on oxford wedges and I bought them soon after making that collage. They are super duper comfy, stylish, and will look great with work ensembles and weekend outfits. I paired my pretty-bow print skirt with these deep green tights (they’re not black, I promise! haha) and a slouchy cable sweater. All together, it was a good outfit for walking around and exploring the city yesterday.

I spent my weekend knitting up a storm, trying to get things ready for my etsy shop to open soon. When the shop opens (hopefully within the next two weeks), you’ll know exactly what I mean by “bows a-plenty!” ;) Yesterday, I also participated in the NYC Yarn Crawl and went to a few different stores with my friend (more on that to come in another post).

Oh, and I can’t forget to add painting my nails to the list of things accomplished!

Tell me: How did you spend your weekend?

Comments

Ooh, I love this outfit. I really love the bow print skirt, it is completely adorable and the color of the tights is great. I need me a pair of oxford wedges, those are great!

I love the way you did your nails as well.

Just love, loving all over this entry.

<3Honeysuckelle

2. omwe says

this outfit perfectly suites your characters. Your pics are charming, and your bright smiles, so cute!
    romwe streetfashion blog,pay a visit?kisses

This is a great outfit. I’m excited to finally be able to wear tights again and this outfit made me even more excited. Love the bow pattern of your skirt and the wedge booties you’re rocking. Great day to day look!

Nice shoes! Hehe. Your outfit is is very cute, too. Love the sweater! I’m kinda like that with clothes, too, where I don’t wear them for a while. Not quite as bad as you, but I still have a dress from June that I have yet to wear, and things like that.

I am excited for your shop!!!

haha I do that – save up new clothes until I’ve an opportunity to make the most of their first trip out of the closet! Really sweet skirt also, glad that you finally found the opportunity to wear it
    thanks for the comment also!
    xx

lol…when the page loaded i was doing something else and above the fold i could only see your upper torso and i was like…bows?? there’s no bows!

and i scrolled and found them! adorable. and very happy you’ve been wearing clothes in the meantime…

I’m the exact opposite, I like to wear my new clothes as soon as I get them. That skirt is so cute I don’t know how it took so long to wear it. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, I’m following you. Hope you can stop by again soon :)

erica
    seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

Fun, I can’t wait to check out your Etsy store! Busy lady, I don’t know how you find the time for it all. I can barely manage to blog between my day job. Still trying to catch up from time away and crazy September…..ps, adorable outfit!

so cute! i love the print on your skirt and your nails look so fun! it sounds like you had a lovely weekend. mine was super busy – dinner dates, out of town friends visiting and a day spent gathering treasures at the flea market.