Let’s Get Down to Business

Moo Business Cards 2

Thanks to Klout Perks, I was one of the lucky users who was able to order a set of 100 Moo Mini Business Cards for free (all I had to pay was shipping)!  I already had a set of business cards that I printed cheaply and hurriedly last September for NYFW, but I was excited to put some more thought into the design of these cards and give my business cards an overall upgrade.  Procrastinator that I am, I waited until the last minute to use my coupon code and sadly it didn’t work!  Luckily the people at Klout Perks were very helpful and gave me a new code to use, even though the deadline had technically passed.

Since these are cards for both my blog and my shop, I thought it would be a good idea to use a picture of myself that also showed off one of my products.  Luckily, with the set of Mini Moo Cards you’re allowed to choose several different designs, so I decided to select four of my favorite product shots.  I think the fact that I’m wearing a different variation of one of my headbands gave the set of cards a nice sense of continuity, while still allowing each card to be unique.

Also, Etsy and Moo have a wonderful deal that allows sellers to order a set of 50 regular-sized cards for free, so you better believe that I snagged some of those too! :)  I toyed with the idea of putting a graphic (like a drawing) on some of the cards, but since I have no skills in that area whatsoever, I ended up picking my favorite picture from the Mini Set.  For the back of both sets, I went for a simple and classic design with clean lettering, while also keeping with the color scheme of my blog (yellow, gray, and blue).  On the larger cards, I even had room to add my blog header!

I’m really pleased by the quality of my new business cards.  I had heard nothing but good things about Moo and I can see why bloggers rave about the company!  It was a lot of fun to design my cards and I imagine that someone with actual design skills could really go to town!  I can’t wait for the next blogger event, where I’ll feel very professional with my business cards in tow! :)  Speaking of which, is anyone coming to NYC next month for NYFW and/or the IFB Conference?

Check out Casee’s post about her new business cards to see her designs!

Comments

Wow, look at those professional name cards, they’re gorgeous! I have a question for you, how did you make your blog a .com domain site? I want to do so for mine, but can’t seem to figure out how… Thanks!

Thank you so much! When I wanted to buy my own domain I also made the switch to WordPress, so I bought my domain through another site called Web-Hosting Hub. I think if you’re on blogger it’s fairly easy to buy your domain through Google (and cheaper too). Hope that helps a bit and do let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to help with :)

They look really nice! I have some designs for business cards created, but I’m having a hard time finding some place to print them (most seem to only print business cards if you use their templates, not your already-created image). I’m going to have to look into this.

Thank you Ashley! Yes, certainly check it out- Moo definitely lets you customize your own cards and I know for sure you can upload your images too :)

Totally reminds me of the rush I was in to get cards made for IFB last year!! Sadly, I’m not coming this season, we just bought a house (which is great news) but need to cut back in the trip to NYC dept. But I rely on you to keep me up to date on all the fashionable happenings!

That is wonderful, wonderful news about your house- congratulations! Sad that I won’t be seeing you in New York next month, but hopefully I’ll be in Boston or you’ll be in New York again soon! =)

Aww, how gorgeous did yours turn out? I love them! It’s brilliant that you picked shots of you wearing your knits to make the cards work double-time. They look so professional and very charming. (Also, your header on the standard card looks fantastic!)

P.S. Thanks so much for the mention! ;)

those half business cards are so cute! i love getting those from people. great choice and great company too my husband got his business card from them too.

I love Moo – I got the cards (mini ones) from them a few years ago and then I did the Klout perk and got another batch recently. The packaging is so nice isn’t it?
    Yours look fabulous; great headband and you have such a pretty smile!

Awww, thank you Smita! Yes, I love packaging- even though I don’t have an official business card case, at least they look cute in the box they came in :)