It’s that time of month and I’m ready to tackle this next set of FBFF questions :) This time we’re talking about something that goes hand-in-hand with blogging: technology!
lol at this decal- it used to say “love!”
1. What are the tools you use to blog? Numero 1- my computer of course! I would say 95% of my blogging is done on my computer, including writing posts and commenting on other blogs. A close second is my iPhone, which I use to stay connected through Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest while I’m on the go. I’m seriously checking these apps constantly throughout the day because I feel like I never want to miss a good tweet or picture post! I’ve also got my DSLR (Nikon D40) for outfit posts and just generally capturing snapshots of my life. Other tools in my repertoire include Alex, who has taken most of my outfit pictures since I moved to New York and my trusty little Ikea couch, which serves as the background for many of my still life shots (Exhibit A: see picture above). Also, I’m old-school in the sense that I still like to write things down, so I carry a notebook with me most of the time. They come in handy when I need to quickly jot down an idea for a post, or sometimes I even draft out a full post in writing, then put it together on my computer. Does anybody else do this?
2. What technology item is on your wish-list? An iPad, definitely! I’m sure I would have a lot of fun playing around with it and I feel like it would just make traveling so much easier. It’s definitely a wishlist item though- those things are expensive, especially for someone on a tight budget!
3. Through the barrage of posts, tweets, pics, poses, messages, etc… how do you avoid becoming a slave to the constant infiltration of information? Ahhh yes, how to avoid getting sucked into all the technology! Honestly, I’m not very good at this! I’m usually on a computer (at work or at home) and if I’m not on a computer, then I’m on my phone. However, on the weekend I’m much better at turning it off (the social media itch, that is). I like to have at least one full day to myself, where I can catch up on my favorite TV shows, or my knitting, or my current read. It’s definitely important to unplug from time to time!
As usual, I’d love to hear your answers to any and all of these questions in the comments! :)
Also, there are two quick items of business that I wanted to remind you guys about!
- Google will be shutting down Google Friend Connect next month and I want to stay connected to y’all! There are several ways to stay connected to my blog: you can follow me on Bloglovin’, subscribe to my RSS Feed, or follow me on Google+ where I share all of my favorite finds on the web. There’s also Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! I would so appreciate it if you could follow me on one of these other platforms! :)
– Missed out on the Correspondence Club in February? Well now’s your chance to join in on the fun for March! If you would like to participate in March, please send me your information by February 29th at 12:00pm EST. I’ll also be doing a round-up post of all the February letters that day and I can’t wait to hear about everyone’s experience! :)
Watch my latest video!
Shop till you drop!All material on starcrossedsmile.com is copyrighted and all photographs are taken by me unless stated otherwise. If you would like to use any of my photographs for non-commercial purposes, please credit me by linking back to my blog. Thanks! © 2010-2014 starcrossedsmile.com