On Nnenna’s Nails #10: Evergreen Half-Moon Manicure

On Nnenna's Needles 10 Half Moon Manicure

Evergreen* Forever 21 and Mint* Nails Inc.

Half-moon manicure tutorials have been floating around the internet for a while now, but it wasn’t until I saw this post on the Forever 21 blog that I got my butt into gear and finally gave it a try!  I loved the combination of blue and green in the post, but decided to try it with two different shades of the same color.  Enter this mint polish which is easily one of my favorites right now and this deep green that I picked up at Forever 21 a while ago.  I do love the two colors I chose, but I don’t love that my half-moon is not well-defined.  Next time I’ll be a little more careful with stickers and make sure they’re pressed down firmly on the nail.  I’ll probably also go for more of a contrast next time, like Keiko did so well!

Tell me: Have you tried the half-moon manicure?

Comments

Cute! These days, I’m lucky to even get my nails painted once a week in a solid shade, so I’ll probably never ever try this….but it’s nice to see it on others!

Ahh, love it! I did my first half-moon mani about a year ago (I feel like such a trendsetter with how popular it is now, although I think I should give a little credit to, like, Dita von Teese? Yeah.) and I’ve been wanting to do it again lately, but I just haven’t had the time. I typically leave the bottom coat for a few days before I do the half-moon so it has ample time to dry – now to sit down and finish!

I love your manicure and the colors you chose are so pretty.

P.S. We are having a giveaway over on our blog for a personalized necklace. If you have time please stop by and enter.

Eeeep, this is so awesome and cute! I need to stop being lazy and try this already haha :)

xo
    Lizzie
    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

You beat me to it! Hahah. This was going to be my next project on the blog…but I have no idea what colors I even want to use yet. Your combination was a good choice! That green looks a lot like my favorite green in my own collection. Definitely show the blogosphere some more when you get a chance! :)

Haha, we are totally getting inspiration from each other because now I must try the ombré look! Love that you’re a nail addict like me and love checking out your latest manicures :)