Movin’

Movin' 1

As you may already know if you follow me on twitter or instagram, I moved this past weekend! I was so wrapped up in moving that I was basically unplugged all weekend, so I spent yesterday catching up with my networks. I thought I would give you guys a little update on my life lately :)

I’m still living in NYC and I’m actually still in the same neighborhood- the East Village. The main reason why my roommate and I moved was to have more space and this apartment definitely fulfilled our wishes. Friday was moving day and we hired movers to help us out. We moved from a fifth floor walkup to a fourth floor walkup and I knew there was no way we could do it ourselves! We also took an Ikea trip that same day, so by the time we finally made it back to our apartment and into bed we were exhausted.

On Saturday, I woke up early and prepared to paint my room. I had a good bit left over from the last time I did this, so I decide to paint my room a pale yellow shade again.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have quite enough to finish the room, so I had to run to the hardware store in the middle of painting to get another can! Later, in the afternoon, a couple of friends came over to check out the new place and it was nice to have a little bit of a break from unpacking.

By Sunday, I really wanted to finish most of my unpacking. I set up all my furniture, which involved moving all my pieces around several times to see which layout I liked best. I also made a trip to the Container Store since I needed to pick up a few things. I’m so lucky that the closet in my new room is huge- I actually had to get more hangers because I didn’t have enough!

And now, today, everything is pretty much unpacked and set up! I still haven’t done any decorating yet, but at least now all of my things are out of boxes and my bed isn’t covered in stuff. I’m so excited about my new space and all the decorating possibilities!

Tell me: How is your bedroom decorated?

Comments

1. gentri lee says

Fun! I hope you like your new place! I request a tour post! :D Mine is… quite decorated. Pink striped walls, and lots of vintage decor.

2. Monique says

Glad you’re still in the city! Way to go getting so much done so quickly. i’m glad you have more space now, so important!!!

I’m glad I’m still in the city too and I very much like our new block. It’s a little quieter and a little closer to work for me- win win! :)

3. Emily Spada says

My bedroom is still in a state of change since I moved out of my NYC apartment in June and back to Long Island. Tomorrow I’m going to take a trip to Anthropologie to buy some door knobs for my closet doors.

Haha :) Well I wanted to at least have my bedroom set up asap, so I focused on that first. There’s still lots to go in the other rooms before it feels like home though!

That sounds like a busy weekend! Moving is always exhausting and stressful but it’s exciting at the same time. I moved earlier this fall and I have yet to finish decorating my entire apartment but hopefully I will sometime soon!

Yes, it was a very jam-packed weekend, which is why I’m looking forward to a quite weekend starting today! Hope you’ll share some pictures as you decorate your apartment :)

Aww, honey! It sounds like you need a vacation after that weekend! I’m glad to hear you’re getting settled, though, and that you have more space. (Nothing more important than a huge closet!) Here’s wishing you lots of luck in your new place!

6. Honeysuckelle says

Congrats on the move! Tis’ the season, I just moved as well, it is an exhausting amount of work, isn’t it? I moved about three weeks ago and I still have so much left to do. Moving up and down all those flights of stairs? Gahhh, I admire your strength haha. My bedroom is a work in progress at the moment, I think I’m going to go for a medieval/renaissance look but I’m not sure. We can’t paint and all the furniture I own seems to be varying shades and types of wood.

<3Honeysuckelle

Congrats on your recent move as well! Are you enjoying the new place?

I know what you mean, I realize a lot of my stuff doesn’t match so I’m going for a more cohesive look now with white furniture. Hope you’ll share some pics on your blog as you decorate your new space!