Winter Olympic Games: Sochi 2014

grand national studio, winter olympics, sochi 2014, winter olympics 2014, olympic games, sochi 2014 poster

You guys may not know this about me, but I love the Olympics. Some people prefer the summer games or the winter games, but I’m just happy when either one comes around every two years. Last time I figured out how to watch from my phone so I could keep up with the games while I was out and about. A friend and I joked that we have a full schedule for the next two weeks- soaking up as much of the Olympics as we can when we’re not at work or asleep!

When I was younger, my mother and sister and I used to follow all of the figure skating competitions and we each had our favorite skaters (mine was Michelle Kwan). Although I don’t keep up with the competitors much anymore, I still love to watch figure skating during the Olympics. In particular, I’ll be keeping an eye on Jason Brown, who had an amazing long program during the US figure skating championships. I also saw a Glitter Guide feature on Gracie Gold, one of the athletes on the US women’s team, so I’ll be following her progress too.

Tell me: Do you watch the Olympics? If so, what’s your favorite sport to watch?

(image via)

Comments

1. heather says

I’m the same way I love the Olympics. I’m a huge fan of snowboarding and looking forward to the new snowboarding event that they have…even though my boy Shaun White pulled out of that event due to a sprain wrist (he’s focusing on a three-peat for the half pipe!).

When I was younger I would do figure skating white it was on…i would put socks on and spin around our non-carpeted floors LOL

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

I was watching the slopestyle qualifiers last night. I think it’s smart of him to focus on three-peating; I really hope he’s able to do it! I just giggled so hard at your comment about figure skating in your socks- so cute! :D

Huge fan of the Olympics right here! For the summer ones, I am always glued to the screen, especially when swimming or diving comes on. This year, I’ll avidly be watching figure skating. Jason Brown is a Chicago native, so I’ll be rooting for him!!

I love the Olympics too! Way back in the day I took figure skating lessons and dreamed of being an Olympian. That dream went by the wayside but I still love watching them.

4. Jenmarie says

I really like the Olympics, I’ve watched them since I was a kid too. However, I haven’t really been able to watch them and usually have to see recaps and things online.
    stylethroughhereyes.com

My TV was on the fritz last night right as the coverage started, so I started to watch the replay online while I waited for it to come back! One thing I do like about primetime are the interesting stories they share about the athletes.

I can not wait to start watching the games tomorrow! I have already set it all up so that I can watch live on my computer while I am at college. I am equally so excited to watch figure skating and will definetly be routing for Jason Brown! I also enjoy watching skiing and then bobsledding every once in a while!
    Also – those posters above are fabulous, such a great find! I clicked through to try and see if you could purchase them but it didn’t really seem like that was an option. I love have they have an old-school look to them!

Thank goodness for the live replays- they totally saved me yesterday when my TV was on the fritz! Thank you Nancy, I kinda of stumbled on to them when I was searching for the official posters. I love the vintage look of them too- it’s too bad you can’t purchase them!

i’m a big olympics fan too! loved it since i was a child! i think the first time i started getting into it was 1988. i can’t believe back then they had summer and winter olympics every four years. can’t believe it’s already the olympics! i’m gettin ready for those tear-jerking stories :)

You know, I’m not generally a huge sports fan but I’ll watch pretty much any sport when it comes to the Olympics! Isn’t that kind of funny?! :)