Working Girl

If I could wear this outfit all the time, I would. It’s one of those outfits that just feels like meMy best friend gave me this sweater for Christmas and I love it. It’s very soft and I think this baby pink color is so pretty. I mentioned last week that I made many a trip to Target while I was home. One of the things I picked up there was this quilted skirt. I first saw it on Hallie’s blog and I had to have it. I took a cue from Hallie and also paired it with a cute sweater and tights for a cozy winter look.

girly outfit, sweater and skirt, pink and black, affordable outfit, cute winter outfit girly outfit, sweater and skirt, pink and black, affordable outfit, cute winter outfit

Did you guys watch the Superbowl yesterday? I’m not a huge football fan, but I do love any occasion that calls for a themed party. I whipped up a few treats/snacks and then headed over my friend’s apartment to watch the game. They’re big Seahawks fans, so I ended up rooting for them too!

Outfit Details: Sweater- Forever 21 (gift from my best friend) // Necklace (gift from my godmother) // Quilted Skirt– Target // Tights- Joe Fresh // Shoes- Sam Edelman Petty (in Black Gladiator Leather) // Lips- Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout // photos- my sister

Comments

You look beautiful! What a cozy, fun winter outfit. Aren’t gifts from best friends the best!? They know to make a girl smile wide! I hope you had an amazing trip back home. I didn’t watch much of the Superbowl, although I did hear plenty of commotion from my dad and brothers downstairs to figure out what was going on. Bruno Mars though, he nailed the performance. So much energy! Have a wonderful day, Nnenna!

You’re so kind- thank you Akshara! You know, I’m not a huge Bruno Mars fan, but I will say that he did well during the Superbowl. Better than expected, I think. Hope you are having a great week too!

I love this look, Nnenna!! That sweater is so pretty – it is the perfect shade of pink and looks so so comfy!! Also, that necklace is absolutely gorgeous – what a beautiful gift! Have such a wonderful Monday, my dear!!! xoxo

3. Jenmarie says

Isn’t Target the best? I’m there at least once a week. I love the pink sweater, I could definitely use more shades of pink in my closet.
    stylethroughhereyes.com

I’m not a big football fan, just a big buffalo wings/nachos fan. So as far as I’m concerned, if I have those things, it’s a great game.

Love the skirt too, the quilted things this season have been so temping!

5. Mary says

It’s funny that you said you would wear this outfit all the time because this has basically been my winter uniform (i.e. cozy sweater, circle skirt or pleated skirt, tights, ankle boots). I’m not kidding that I just change out the colors but am basically wearing the same thing every day. Haha. Needless to say, I loooove your outfit. You look adorable and you have the best smile in town. :)

Love that this is your winter uniform :) I’ve been variations of this outfit, or my other uniform (oversized sweater + jeans + ankle boots). Thank you Mary- you’re the sweetest!