Did you guys have a good weekend? I had a pretty good one myself. On Saturday I went to the Garance Doré pop-up shop with a friend (more on that later in the week). On Sunday, instead of my typical lazy weekend day, I was rather productive. I woke up early, ran errands and did some shopping. Once I returned home, I finally did the spring cleaning that I’d been putting off for weeks. Everything got dusted and wiped and I also did some reorganizing in my room. I’m absolutely loving how neat and tidy things are right now!
This weekend I made some necessary updates to my closet. It seemed like every single store was having a sale, so I definitely took advantage. Here’s what I purchased and why:
1. Gap Ladder Stitch Sweater– I was flipping through the sale rack and when I touched this sweater I immediately noticed how soft it is. I like the two different textures of the body and sleeves and the soft gray color. I’m picturing wearing this with jeans or over a slim-fitting miniskirt.
2. Jessica Simpson Connie Flat– I really needed a pair of wear-with-anything black flats. I didn’t want a basic black flat though. The almond toe on this shoe is what really drew me in; I think they’re slightly more flattering than a pointed toe on my already-large feet. I love that this is a two-piece flat and that the two pieces are made of different materials (the front is snakeskin and the back is patent leather).
3. Gap Essential Short Sleeve V Neck T (heather gray)- Sometime last year, I bought my first gray tee (crazy, I know) and I had the realization that it looks great with everything. Seriously, I think grey has become my second favorite neutral (after black). My old grey tee was ready to be replaced and I liked the feel of this one from Gap.
4. Gap Fitted Boyfriend Oxford Shirt– Most of this list consists of basics that I’m adding to or replacing in my closet, including this oxford shirt. Up until yesterday, I did not own a white button-down shirt. It’s been on my list for a while and many months ago I tried on this shirt and really liked it. I like the more relaxed fit and the fabric is very soft. I didn’t buy it at the time because I didn’t want to pay full-price, but I snatched it up this weekend when it was 40% off.
5. American Eagle High-Rise Jegging (clean rinse)- Guys, high-rise jeans are where it’s at. In December, I bought a pair of black high-rise jeggings that are by far the most comfortable and best-fitting jeans that I own. That’s when I discovered that I love a higher rise- it makes my butt look good and there are zero worries about exposure in the back. I do have some junk in the trunk and larger thighs, so often when I try on jeans I have that annoying, no-good gap in the back. Well these rise right over that area and then nip in at the waist- perfecto. When I think back to high school where it was all about the lowest rise, I chuckle at that silliness. These work so much better for me!
6. Gap Essential Short Sleeve V Neck T (white)- I have a white crewneck tee, but I also wanted a v-neck. Since this was on sale too, I picked up this same tee in white.
7. Gap 1969 High-Rise Skinny Jeans (salinas)- I wasn’t originally planning on buying two pairs of jeans yesterday. As I was shopping at Gap, I saw their section of high-rise jeans and on the very top of the pile was one pair of jeans in my size in this particular wash. I’m really picky about the wash of my jeans and I loved this color, so I decided to try them on. It turns out that Gap’s high-rise jeans also fit me really well and once I had them on I knew I had to get them. They were on sale for $49.99, plus an extra 40% off, putting them around $30- a very decent price for jeans. When I got to the register and they rang them up, it turns out they were actually on sale for $29.97 + 40% off, making the final total $17.98. Scoooooore!
8. American Eagle White Jegging– I’ve wanted a pair of white jeans for ages and I finally have them. The white jegging at AE did not have a high-rise option, but I find this to be a mid-rise, so I’m cool with that. I’m thinking only mid-rise or high-rise jeans for me from here on out!
Tell me: What was the last item of clothing you bought?
(P.S. I redid my about page last night- take a look!)