Candy Break

black pleated skirt, tokyo darling coffee break  cropped tank, aeropostale cropped tank, crop top, black pleated skirt, black quilted skirt black pleated skirt, tokyo darling coffee break  cropped tank, aeropostale cropped tank, crop top When my roommate told me that a candy shop had opened up near our apartment, I was beyond excited. Last weekend he stumbled onto a place called Handsome Dan’s, which had a store in Williamsburg and recently opened up a location in the East Village. He brought me back an order of their Earl Grey cotton candy which was pretty yummy, even though there was only a hint of the earl grey flavor.

I didn’t do much this weekend other than watch soccer (I’m cheering for Spain and the US), but I did venture out yesterday to visit the candy shop. The sun was out in full force so I decided to put another new crop top to the test. I like the little phrase on this one and thought it paired nicely with my black quilted mini. The fit on the tank is loose and the skirt comes up pretty high, so I felt comfortable wearing this crop top out for a bit. In keeping with the casual weekend vibe, I slipped on some silver sneakers and we headed off to the candy store.

It was hard not to load up my bag, but in the end I went with a bunch of sour straws in a variety of flavors. I also ordered a raspberry snow cone, which was the perfect way to cool off in the heat. Having this candy store nearby is pretty dangerous- I know I’m going to want to visit it all the time!

Tell me: What did you get up to this weekend? Are you watching the World Cup?

Outfit Details: Aeropostale Coffee Break Cropped Tank (c/o), Target quilted skirt, Aeropostale Metallic Slip-On Shoe (c/o), Forever 21 necklace, H&M sunglasses, lips- Maybelline Color Whisper in Berry Ready, nails- Rimmel Salon Pro in Britpop, photos- my roomie

Comments

I LOVE that outfit! So cute – I particularly like the quilted texture of the skirt. :) And yay for a new candy store that’s close by.
    No World Cup watching for me, but this weekend I did some cleaning, picked up some new books at the library, and took my dad out for an all-you-can-eat yakiniku buffet lunch!

Thank you so much Carrie! Sounds like you had a great weekend and what a nice thing to do for your dad :) What books did you get from the library?

2. sartorialsidelines says

I spent all weekend packing for our upcoming move and wishing I were doing anything but – especially since the weather was so gorgeous here. I love this whole outfit on you – that skirt is perfect for pairing with a crop top!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

3. Jenmarie says

That top is too cute! Having a candy shop is dangerous indeed. I love sweets but I rarely eat them.

Thank you Saskia! I know a bit how you feel- my main team Spain did rather poorly in the first match. I’m really hoping they can turn it around in their next game today!

Cute top! It pairs nicely with your skirt. Over the weekend, I saw a concert, went to a Zumba class and had a family brunch. I didn’t manage to watch any of the World Cup coverage though, but I plan to this week.

5. Jessica says

I love the ease of this look. That top is adorable, the perfect saying. It would definitely be dangerous for me to live near a candy store. I haven’t bought much in the last week. I spent too much on vacation and am now saving for another vacation in November, so I have to watch my spending.

Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry
    Nights

Thank you Jessica :) That makes sense about saving money for vacation! I saw your instagram pictures from your recent vacation and it looked like you were having a really nice time.