We can all agree that the week after Labor Day is no fun, right? Even when you’re looking forward to fall, you have to acknowledge that summer is winding down and summer Fridays are over. However, there are some exciting things on the horizon to distract from the end-of-summer blues, including NYFW (which started yesterday) and my sister’s visit in a few weeks (tickets are finally booked- hooray!).
I think I’ll be having a pretty low-key fashion week, which sounds good to me. At the moment, I just have a couple parties I’m planning to attend and I’m hoping to catch up with a few friends who are in town. I’ll definitely be refreshing my favorite fashion sites for pictures from the runway and sharing looks I like on twitter. In honor of NYFW, I’ll leave you with today’s links:
– Racked absolutely nailed it with this post: What Your Twitter Feed Looks Like Because #FashionWeek.
– Bill Cunningham gave a talk at the 92nd Street Y earlier in the week and he continues to be a delight. I kind of want to rewatch his documentary now.
– The Cut does this every season and I love it: 190 Designers Reveal Their Spring 2015 Inspirations.
– The Fug Girls are my fave and I always look forward to their fashion week recaps.
– The New York Times has an awesome new interactive page with live updates from fashion week.