O Christmas Tree

christmas nyc, christmas outfit casual, red lip christmas, white oversized sweater, black skinny jeans this holiday, christmas nyc, christmas nyc 2014, christmas trees, christmas tree sidewalk It’s starting to hit me that I’m heading home to California soon (one week from tomorrow to be exact!). I’ve been trying to hang out with my friends one last time before I leave for the holidays and yesterday I hopped on the train to Brooklyn. In honor of her birthday and the holidays, my friend hosted a tree-trimming gathering at her apartment. As always, there were plenty of yummy snacks and good company.

I’ve got a little bit over a week to sort out my business before I fly home. I’d like to check more people off my Christmas card list, pick up a few more Christmas presents, and deliver presents to local friends before I leave. I also have another tree-trimming party to go to next weekend. This time of year is so busy busy busy, but it’s all fun stuff, so I don’t mind!

Outfit Details: Forever 21 white sweater (similar), American Eagle black hi-rise jeggings, Payless flats, Fossil Erin Satchel | Lips- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick- Kate Moss Collection in 01 | photos of me- my roomie

Comments

1. sartorialsidelines says

I decorated my place for Christmas last week – I always seem to get really into the decorating side of Christmas. Next year I think I may host a tree trimming party as that just sounds like a lot of fun.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

2. SHE Jenmarie says

Your outfit is cute! Do the high rise jeggings from AE come up really high? I’ve never tried them before. Hope you’re able to get everything sorted out before you leave :)

Thank you Jenmarie! They come up to a little bit below my belly-button. I love them because I don’t have that low-rise problem anymore, but they’re not so high that they’re squeezing my waist. Also, they’re pretty affordable and come in some nice washes!

It’s fun to have gatherings just before Christmas holiday with friends. Sounds like a lot of fun too. I’m sure you’re very excited for the holidays to see your family. Enjoy the week building up to it! I am off for a bit over a month so my holiday is starting today! :-) /Madison
    Eco-Style Watch

I have so many Christmas related things on my to-do list this weeks, it’s insane! But it also feels great checking things off my list, all while listening to holiday music of course!
    I love your sweater and am also wondering the same thing as SHE Jenmarie- how are those high rise leggings? I much prefer a higher rise and would love to know how those fit.

Have a great Monday!
    xx Nina

Yes, I’ve definitely been listening to lots of Christmas music too (I’ve been checking out the Spotify holiday playlists)! The high-rise jeggings hit me at just below my belly-button and I’m pretty sure I have the regular length (I’m 5’3″). They also come in short and tall and they’re very comfortable. I have them in another color too. Thanks Nina and let me know if you have any other questions! :)

My friend that hosted the party said she carried hers home- luckily it was only a couple blocks away! I know some people have them delivered as well. I don’t usually get a tree because my apartment is so small and I’m gone for about half of December, but I do enjoy my family’s tree at home :)

5. heather says

YAY the holiday season! I love the smell of Christmas trees that line the city sidewalks. Hope you have a safe travel back home and have beautiful weather out there! PS you look great as always!

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

Ahhh, yes, the smell is so nice! I really want a pine scented candle, or a few pine branches in the apartment would be nice too. Thank you so much, Heather :)

This weekend was seriously buy your Christmas tree weekend lol when I got brunch with Alex, everyone was getting their tree. Sadly I can only keep a fake one :(

I’ve only had a real tree once and it was small, but it shed everywhere! It smelled great though. My family’s tree at home is a fake one we’ve had for ages :)

Trackbacks