Not Quite Spring

winter to spring transition, spring transition, casual weekend, weekend wear, floral tee, spring tee, black beanie

I’m still waiting for that nice spring weather. We got a little glimpse of it in the middle of last week, but then temperatures dropped back down. On Sunday I met up with a friend and I was underdressed (in terms of warmth). It was so windy/chilly that I had to run back to my apartment to grab a hat, scarf, and gloves!

Originally we’d planned to meet on Saturday, but it was so gross and rainy all day that we pushed our plans to Sunday. We had brunch at Mighty Quinn’s and it was quite tasty. Then we walked over to Sephora so that I could buy her birthday present. She’s talked about wanting to find a red lipstick that suits her, so I told her that we’d go to Sephora and find her perfect shade, which I’d then buy for her. Our trip was a success and she picked out a great lipstick from Kat Von D’s line. We browsed in a couple more stores in the area, but soon we started to get tired from our hearty meal earlier.

I just got this floral tee from Aeropostale and it’s so soft. It’s the perfect slouchy weekend tee. I know I’ll be wearing it again soon (hopefully without a coat next time!).

Outfit Details: H&M coat, Express black cardigan (underneath), Floral Burnout V-Neck Tee c/o Aeropostale, American Eagle black hi-rise jeggingsblack sneakers c/o Aeropostale, Fossil Erin Satchel | photos- my friend Liza

Comments

1. sartorialsidelines says

We were in the midst of spring weather but things have dipped back down again this morning so I think I’m going to have to pull out a warmer jacket. I hate these in-between times of year!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

2. heather says

love your laid back Sunday look. I have been under dressing all week….I just can not wear anymore layers. I’m so tired of the sweaters, jackets, hat, scarves, gloves, etc. I WANT WARM WEATHER NOW! lol

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

I know how you feel- I just want to put my winter coat AWAY. Sadly I can’t yet, especially considering it’s supposed to snow tomorrow!

Thank you! And it’s sooo soft too. I’m happy that I could go lipstick shopping with my friend. I keep telling her that I can’t wait to see her wearing it out and about.

Oh I know what you mean! I wore a linen dress and it was just a bit too chilly when I thought it was just enough warmth. I see snow in our forecast on Friday but I hope my weather app is just joking around with me. Love the color pop in your outfit! :)

4. SHE Jenmarie says

That shirt is pretty and it really pops since it’s the only light colored piece you have on. :) Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

5. Jessica says

You look amazing Nnenna. That tee is adorable. I received a pair of black slip on sneakers for Christmas and they have surprisingly have became a go to pair of shoes for me.

Awww, thanks so much! I never would have guessed a year ago that I would be such a huge fan of slip-on sneakers. I have though and I wear my black ones so much that I’ve bought a second pair for when I wear out the first pair!