Pink Lady

white jeans outfit, white jeans in spring, aeropostale sunglasses, pink sunglasses, pink outfit, pink flowers, spring flowers nyc

Oh my, an outfit post! These have become rather rare around here, but this past weekend I was able to sucker a friend into snapping a few quick pictures of me.

It was another freakin’ gorgeous weekend. Seriously, I live for days like these. Saturday was Independent Bookstore Day, which is definitely my kind of holiday. You guys know that I love books, so I was happy to take a day to support some local bookstores. I roped a friend into going with me and together we hit up four bookstores in Manhattan. I got some really great books at really great prices. If you’d like to hear more about that, I should have some related videos up on my youtube channel soon!

Give a warm welcome to my trusty pink jacket- it’s back for spring. I bought that thing over four years ago for about 30 bucks. Who knew it would become such a staple in my wardrobe? I also decided to bring out my white jeans (although, it was a little warmer than I expected on Saturday, so I was a bit hot). Since I knew I’d be doing a lot of walking that day, I went with my comfy black sneakers. On top I’m wearing this lovely new tank from Loft. I picked it up a couple weekends ago and I’ve already worn it twice. I love that it’s long and flowy and the brushed polka-dot pattern is very cute. I did quite a bit of shopping on Saturday (sorry bank account) and I ended up buying this top in black too.

Over the weekend, Uber was running this promotion where’d they come and pick up your clothes and donate them to Goodwill for you. By the time I got home from my day out, I thought I would be too late, but I decided to try requesting an Uber anyway. I’ve never really used Uber before, so I didn’t realize that when I requested one, they’d come right away. That gave me about 5 minutes to toss some clothes into a bag and haul it downstairs to give to the driver. Since I was in such a rush, I’m sure I missed some stuff, but it still felt good to do a little bit of closet cleaning. I guess I had to make room for the new clothes I bought anyway!

spring nyc, nyc flowers, pink flowers, spring flowers nyc

Outfit Details: H&M jacket, LOFT ink dot rib trim tank, American Eagle white jegging, Rose gold square aviator sunglasses c/o Aeropostale, black sneakers c/o Aeropostale, Fossil erin satchel | photos- my friend Liza

Comments

We’ve been having pretty nice weather recently, but it is a bummer that with warmer temperatures comes allergy season! This morning I walked right into a leaf blower’s cloud and my sinuses were not pleased :/

Me too! I absolutely love the pretty blooms and fresh flowers all over the city. Hopefully they will have Independent Bookstore Day again next year!

The weekend was truly glorious, and I love that you took your photos with the cherry blossoms – my favorite! Interesting idea to have Uber come pick up your donations, but I suppose in the city it can’t be an easy task to lug bags and bags of clothes around!

That’s one of the things that stops me from cleaning out my closet more regularly. When I do, I like to donate the clothes and clear out that space right away. On the other hand, I’m too lazy to be carrying big bags of clothes several blocks!

Woah, that’s such a cool uber promotion. Go them for doing that! And I did the same for Indie Bookstore Day! I always buy a little summin summin even if it’s just to help them out. Love finding another blogger that’s a book lover :D

Also you should TOTALLY got to new orleans- it’s my favorite city in the whole US. It’s just got so much character :)

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

I thought it was a really neat idea! I hope Uber does it again because I found it super convenient. I love that you did Indie Bookstore Day too! What did you buy? A visit to New Orleans is definitely on my list. I hope it happens soon!

3. Katherine says

Love the simplicity of the look and the flowers are so lovely

katattack2000.wordpress.com

I’ve been meaning to get rid of some clothes so thanks for the reminder ;) The pink flowers in the background look so pretty! And complement your all white look so well :)

Mili

Love when you buy something on a whim and it becomes a staple :)

hehe your Uber experience. I did the Goodwill thing too. So nice to get rid of things!