You know when you’re on a very tight schedule and you start out on track, but then it deteriorates very quickly? That was my family and our planned day trip to Portland last summer. When we drove up to Oregon, we decided to stay on the coast, but we also planned to spend a day in Portland. Here was the itinerary for the day:
– Leave the beach house very early in the morning and drive about 2.5-3 hours to Multnomah Falls
– Drive into Portland and spend the day there
– Drive to Beaverton and meet my cousin for dinner
– Drove into Washington (since we were so close to the border, my mom thought it would be a shame not to cross the state line for a bit)
– Drove to Multnomah Falls
– Drove to Portland and spent less than 2 hours there
– Drove to Beaverton to have dinner with my cousin
Although the day didn’t quite go according to plan, we were able to squeeze in a few fun things during our brief time in Portland, including Powell’s (the place I was most excited to visit), Voodoo Doughnut, Blue Star Donuts, and Salt & Straw (yep, I dragged my family to all the sweet shops in town).
From the few bits that I saw, Portland seems like an awesome city. I’m already thinking that I need to plan another PNW trip and spend more time in Portland and Seattle!