Unsurprisingly, we have been cooking A LOT during quarantine. Before COVID, I’d say we cooked fairly regularly, but then during COVID, we started cooking pretty much every meal at home. Now that NYC is finally in phase 4, we’ve been getting takeout maybe once a week (it’s nice to have a break from cooking!) and making the rest of our meals at home.
I’ve been posting some of the meals I make on Insta (check out my food highlight if you’re interested), and I thought it would be fun to see which recipes we’ve made multiple times during quarantine.
1. Israeli Couscous Tabbouleh – I make this recipe every summer and it is so good. It’s super easy (you basically just chop up a bunch of stuff and toss it all together) and it’s perfect for when you want a meal that’s light, but still filling.
2. Crispy Rice and Egg Bowl with Ginger-Scallion Vinaigrette – The thing I love about this recipe is that it’s so customizable. For example, my bf gets an egg on his and I go sans egg. Sometimes I crisp up the rice and sometimes I don’t. I usually add this ground beef recipe to the bowl to get some meat in there. And the ginger-scallion sauce is straight fire. Mmmm, so good!
3. Pickled Red Onions – I guess I was sleeping on pickled onions, but now that I know how easy it is to make your own, I’m all in. It’s seriously so simple. Now we constantly have pickled onions in the fridge (which I usually throw on salads). As soon as we start running low, I make a fresh batch.
4. Grilled Flank Steak with Homemade Chimichurri Sauce – We’ve made this twice during quarantine and it was excellent both times. Again, for some reason I thought chimichurri sauce would be difficult to make, but it’s not. And the fresh herbs in this sauce give it so much delicious flavor.
5. Lemongrass Chicken Skewers – I love the taste of lemongrass and this recipe was an instant hit. You let the chicken marinade in a delicious lemongrass sauce, then you make the skewers and grill them up. So simple and tasty.
What are some of your favorite recipes that you’ve made during quarantine?