I’ve received some good things in the mail recently and I thought I’d share three things in particular that I love. First of all, how cute is this kitty print phone case (c/o)? I turned into a crazy cat lady a long time ago, but now the whole world will know it when they see my phone.
I also have to talk about my Puffin in Bloom editions (a collaboration between Puffin and Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co). When I wrote a post about them, I was excited, but that was nothing compared to when they arrived in the mail and I had them in my hands. They are just so gorgeous. Pretty sure I’ll be ordering the other two books in the series (Heidi and Anne of Green Gables) soon.
This month’s Birchbox was too pretty not to share. I save a lot of my empty birchboxes and use them as storage or packaging, especially the pretty ones like this. I’ve been getting Birchbox for over two years now and I still love it. I don’t always use everything in every box, but it’s fun to receive a box of surprises every month and it’s introduced me to products I probably wouldn’t have discovered otherwise.
Tell me: Have you gotten anything good in the mail recently?
After much deliberation, I think I’ve finally decided on the items that will form my fall capsule wardrobe. I’ve been editing this list for weeks and really thinking about how I’ll be able to wear and remix the items that I chose. I narrowed it down to 40 pieces (which includes clothing, shoes, and outerwear, but doesn’t include accessories, underwear, and loungewear). Once I have everything in my possession, I’d like to take pictures of each item to share here. In the meantime, I thought I’d let you guys know what’s on my shopping list.
– a trench coat. This trench from Uniqlo might just be the one.
– black flats. I’m looking for a pair with an almond toe and a little extra detail. I really liked the design of this pair that I bought in spring, but they were just so uncomfortable that I had to let them go.
– a white tee. I need to replace mine and I like the essential v-neck tee from Gap.
– a graphic tee or sweatshirt. I already bought the maison des a.r.t.s sweatshirt from Madewell and I just love it.
– a burgundy sweater.
– a black cardigan.
– a gray cardigan (I’m eyeing this style at Uniqlo).
– a green army jacket. This has been on my list for several seasons and maybe this year I’ll find the one I’m looking for. Maybe it’s this one from Old Navy?
– a gray skirt.
– a faux-leather skirt.
– a gray dress. I like this classic style from Uniqlo.
– a black dress. This midi length LBD from Joe Fresh would be different for me, but I can picture a lot of different ways to style it.
– a grey-and-white striped tee.
– black slip-on sneakers. I’m completely a sneaker convert now. I love the texture on this version from Aeropostale and I’ve already added them to my closet.
If you have any suggestions or recommendations for these items, I’d love to hear them in the comments below. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
– It was so hard to resist shopping when I saw J. Crew’s new arrivals. This silk sleeveless blouse seems like something I’d wear over and over again.
– This star necklace- *insert heart-eye emoji here*.
– I think this colorblock chiffon shirt is so pretty. It’s another top that could do double duty- for work and for weekends.
– Give me all the starry things, including this button-down shirt.
– Pineapple print is the novelty print of the season and this mini-skirt version is so cute.
– Scallop-hem shorts? Yes please!
– Say hello the summer version of the chambray shirt.
Tell me: What’s on your wishlist right now?
I don’t know about where you live, but here in NYC we’ve been experiencing a lot of thunderstorms lately. I kind of like drifting off to the sound of rain at night, but they’re not so fun when they’re surprise thunderstorms and you’re caught without your umbrella! I feel like the tropical print trend fits in really well with this weather- when it’s monsoon season in the tropics, the rains can stop and start suddenly without warning. There are so many variations on this theme and today I’m sharing a few of my favorite picks.
Tell me: How do you feel about tropical print? Would you wear it?
Watch my latest video!
Shop till you drop!All material on starcrossedsmile.com is copyrighted and all photographs are taken by me unless stated otherwise. If you would like to use any of my photographs for non-commercial purposes, please credit me by linking back to my blog. Thanks! © 2010-2014 starcrossedsmile.com