We’ve reached that point in the year where it’s time to start bundling (remind me again how we got to November so quickly?). I’m thinking about finally replacing my winter coat this season, so I’ve been keeping my eye out for some stylish and affordable options. Here are 10 coats that I’m loving, from top to bottom:
02. ‘Emma’ Menswear Coat- I’m totally digging this borrowed-from-the-boys option.
03. Long Bouclé Coat- I’ve always secretly wanted a white coat, even though they’re not very practical. Plus Olivia Pope made white coats so popular, and who doesn’t want to be Olivia Pope?
04. New Look Funnel Coat- I like the idea of having a pastel colored coat and I think this icy blue is perfect for the colder months.
06. New Look Check Collarless Coat- This coat is just adorable. Actually, I’d like that entire outfit the model is wearing, please and thank you.
07. New Look Checked Coat- I also like this darker checked coat. You know what, I think I’d like a scarf version of this coat!
08. Faux Leather-Trimmed Marled Coat- Love the leather accents, love the marled texture, love the price.
09. Skirted Wool Blend Coat- I think skirted coats are so ladylike and pretty.
10. Tinley Road Shades of Gray- So chic. I love that it incorporates two different shades of gray. It’s a fun detail, but the overall coat is still neutral and easy to wear.
Tell me: Which one is your favorite?
We’re in that transitional time of year where one day it will be in the high 70s and the next it will barely crack 60 degrees. This particular day started off rather warm- warm enough for me to wear these faux leather shorts.
I searched high and low for these faux leather shorts. When they first came out a few years ago, they were a pretty popular item and I saw them popping up on style blogs left and right. By the time I decided I wanted them, they were sold out everywhere. I kept checking the website to see if they would bring them back and I went to a few different stores, but no luck. I also told my sister to keep an eye out for them in California.
A few months passed by and one day she texted me to say she’d spotted two pairs of the shorts in a Forever 21 near her. They had one size medium and I told her to grab them and go straight to the register. She put them in the mail to me soon after and I wasn’t sure they’d fit, but happily they did. I couldn’t believe my luck!
I’ve had these shorts for years now and I still love to wear them. If it’s not swelteringly hot in the summer, I’ll pull them on and bare my legs. I also like to wear them with tights and boots during the colder months.
Tell me: Do you have any items in your closet that you had to search high and low for?
Hello kitty cats! This cat print dress is certainly not a shy print, but I do love it. I think the fact that it’s black and white makes it much more wearable and it’s easy to throw on when I’m not quite sure what to wear.
It felt more like summer than fall this past weekend, but I don’t mind since it’s still warm enough to bare my legs. I’m going to hold off on tights for as long as I can! The leaves have started to change colors and I think they’re so pretty. Since I grew up in California, I didn’t really see that seasonal transformation until I moved to the East Coast.
It’s been so nice having some time off work and hanging out with my sister. With the sun shining and my iced coffee in hand, I’m a happy girl. Can it always be like this?
Outfit Details: H&M dress, H&M sunglasses, Forever 21 faux leather jacket, Aeropostale rings (c/o), Report for Aero Aspin Slip-On Sneakers (c/o), Fossil Erin Satchel, Lips- Julep Plush Pout Lip Crayon in Cardinal Red | photos of me- my sister
Basically all my sister and I have done so far is shop until we drop. I knew that she’d want to go shopping in the city, so I’ve been holding off on shopping for the past few weeks so that we could go together.
October is quickly approaching and I’m working on finalizing my capsule wardrobe before then. There were a few things on my list that I wanted to check out in the store, but when I tried them on, they weren’t like I expected. The first day of shopping was a little bit frustrating, but we had much better luck on the second day. I haven’t checked off everything on my list yet, but I think I’ve made some pretty good progress.
As we were walking home on Wednesday, we saw the prettiest cotton candy sunset. Thanks NYC for reminding me how lovely you can be.
Outfit Details: Forever 21 cardigan, Joe Fresh top, American Eagle Black Hi-Rise Jegging, Report for Aero Aspin Slip-On Sneakers (c/o), Fossil Erin Satchel, Lips- Maybelline Color Whisper in Berry Ready | photos of me- my sister
Watch my latest video!
Shop till you drop!All material on starcrossedsmile.com is copyrighted and all photographs are taken by me unless stated otherwise. If you would like to use any of my photographs for non-commercial purposes, please credit me by linking back to my blog. Thanks! © 2010-2014 starcrossedsmile.com