It’s my favorite time of year- the holiday season! Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I can officially get into the holiday spirit. Every year, I look forward to the parties and gatherings that happen around this time of year. Sadly, this year I’ll be missing a couple of work parties because I’m heading back to CA, but I am planning to go to my friend’s tree-trimming party this month. I wanted to round up a few dress ideas for those who’ve also got a few holiday parties on their calendar this month.
Did you all have a nice weekend? I had a very relaxing weekend- it was wonderful. I didn’t really do much of anything but it was so nice to have some alone time and just hibernate a bit. I watched a lot of TV/movies, put up some twinkle lights, made an apple pie, started working on my Christmas card list, and did a bit of reading. It felt like a taste of the Christmas break that’s coming up. Just another 2.5 weeks to get through!
Tell me: Are you hosting a holiday party this year or do you plan to attend one?
01. Jeweled Cami Dress 02. Scuba Lace Detail Dress 03. Eyelash Lace Strapless Dress 04. Delicate Lace Gathered Dress 05. Shift Dress in Geo Sequins 06. Burgundy Backless Midi Dress 07. Rose Pattern Fit & Flare Dress 08. Sequined Skater Dress
A couple of weeks ago, I shared my beauty wish list and today I have several more beauty-related gift ideas. Many of these are also on my list (you know the nail polish addict in me is heart-eyed over that Formula X set) or items that I think would make good gifts for people in my life. I also love the idea of the Sephora Favorites sets that were released for the holidays because you get to sample a bunch of great brands at a fraction of the price.
Speaking of shopping, who’s gearing up for Black Friday? I don’t plan to go to any stores (it’s way too crazy out there for me), but I will be browsing the deals online and possibly sharing some of favorite deals on twitter. I’m hoping that I can order a few things and knock a couple of gifts of my Christmas shopping list.
To those who celebrate, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and good luck to all the Black Friday shoppers. I’ll see you guys back here next week!
01. Essie Holiday Mini Nail Color Kit 02. Black Magic 24/7 Glide-On Double Ended Eye Pencil Set 03. Lipstick Cosmetic Pouch 04. Lorac PRO Palette 05. Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland 06. Deluxe Manicure Set 07. Bite Beauty Mix N’ Mingle Lip Minis 08. Soap & Glory Hand Food Trio (this is one of my beauty favorites) 09. NARS Digital World Lip Pencil Coffret 10. Bonjour Cosmetic Bag 11. MAC Keepsakes Red Lip Bag 12. Fresh Favorites Set 13. Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics 14. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Mini Rollerball Set (I had a hard time deciding between the black and white when I picked up my rollerball. With this set you don’t have to choose!) 15. Forumla X Paint the Town (hello, hello, hello) 16. Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler for Her
We’ve reached that point in the year where it’s time to start bundling (remind me again how we got to November so quickly?). I’m thinking about finally replacing my winter coat this season, so I’ve been keeping my eye out for some stylish and affordable options. Here are 10 coats that I’m loving, from top to bottom:
02. ‘Emma’ Menswear Coat- I’m totally digging this borrowed-from-the-boys option.
03. Long Bouclé Coat- I’ve always secretly wanted a white coat, even though they’re not very practical. Plus Olivia Pope made white coats so popular, and who doesn’t want to be Olivia Pope?
04. New Look Funnel Coat- I like the idea of having a pastel colored coat and I think this icy blue is perfect for the colder months.
06. New Look Check Collarless Coat- This coat is just adorable. Actually, I’d like that entire outfit the model is wearing, please and thank you.
07. New Look Checked Coat- I also like this darker checked coat. You know what, I think I’d like a scarf version of this coat!
08. Faux Leather-Trimmed Marled Coat- Love the leather accents, love the marled texture, love the price.
09. Skirted Wool Blend Coat- I think skirted coats are so ladylike and pretty.
10. Tinley Road Shades of Gray- So chic. I love that it incorporates two different shades of gray. It’s a fun detail, but the overall coat is still neutral and easy to wear.
Tell me: Which one is your favorite?
We’re in that transitional time of year where one day it will be in the high 70s and the next it will barely crack 60 degrees. This particular day started off rather warm- warm enough for me to wear these faux leather shorts.
I searched high and low for these faux leather shorts. When they first came out a few years ago, they were a pretty popular item and I saw them popping up on style blogs left and right. By the time I decided I wanted them, they were sold out everywhere. I kept checking the website to see if they would bring them back and I went to a few different stores, but no luck. I also told my sister to keep an eye out for them in California.
A few months passed by and one day she texted me to say she’d spotted two pairs of the shorts in a Forever 21 near her. They had one size medium and I told her to grab them and go straight to the register. She put them in the mail to me soon after and I wasn’t sure they’d fit, but happily they did. I couldn’t believe my luck!
I’ve had these shorts for years now and I still love to wear them. If it’s not swelteringly hot in the summer, I’ll pull them on and bare my legs. I also like to wear them with tights and boots during the colder months.
Tell me: Do you have any items in your closet that you had to search high and low for?
Watch my latest video!
Shop till you drop!All material on starcrossedsmile.com is copyrighted and all photographs are taken by me unless stated otherwise. If you would like to use any of my photographs for non-commercial purposes, please credit me by linking back to my blog. Thanks! © 2010-2014 starcrossedsmile.com