I can’t believe I’m already posting the final gift guide for this season! Today’s guide doesn’t have a theme- I just wanted to round up a few more gifts under $75 for women and men. Maybe I should have renamed this one the J. Crew/J. Crew Factory guide because a lot of these items come from there. If you’re looking for a one-stop shop, I’d recommended either store/site because they have lots of great gift ideas (and good sales too). I hope you enjoyed this year’s gift guides! I’ve bought about half of my gifts so far and I plan to do the rest of my shopping once I get settled at home in CA.
Tell me: How’s your holiday shopping going?
01. Hugo Guinness for J. Crew Ceramic Box 02. Starlight Bracelet 03. Snowflake Fair Isle Sweater 04. Clear Rosa iPhone Case 05. Golden Ikat Tee 06. Heart Pouch 07. Bow Ankle Socks 08. Salut Travel Cup 09. Leather Card Holder 10. Misc. Goods Co. Playing Cards 11. Touchtec Ragg Wool Gloves 12. Slim Sweatpant 13. Fishs Eddy for J. Crew Ceramic Anchor Mug 14. Twill Tablet Case 15. Winterweight Flannel Workshirt
Sometime over the last few years, getting things for my home or kitchen has become nearly as exciting as getting new clothes or books. It really takes time to turn a house (or apartment) into a home and it’s fun to add your own little personal touches. I like to switch up the decor in my room from time to time and I’m slowly building up my baking tools (next on my list- a donut pan). These are a few fun gift ideas that I think many people would be happy to receive for their home and/or kitchen. I mentioned that I had a bunch of ideas for gift guides, but I think I’m aiming to do about five in total, so there might be a few more combo guides like this one. As usual, everything in this guide is under $75!
01. Lace Gold Frame 02. Metal Basket 03. Jordan Carlyle Feathered Pillow 04. Trinket Tray 05. Initial Candle 06. Faceted Vessel- Live Bright 07. Geometry Espresso Cups 08. More Please! Metallic Salad Servers 09. But First Coffee Mug (need this) 10. Ceramic Cutting Board 11. Star Cookie Cutter Set 12. Donna Hay: The New Classics 13. Ho Ho Ha Coasters 14. Emily Henry Pie Dish
You guys, advertising is no joke. One week ago, I’d never heard of Outlander and although it’s way too early to make this call, I’d say I’m hooked on the show. And I just bought the book too!
In case you haven’t heard of it, Outlander is a new TV series based on a series of books by Diana Gabaldon. The main character, Claire, is a nurse during World War II, and after the war ends, she and her husband take a trip to Scotland in order to reconnect. One afternoon when she is exploring some old ruins, she accidentally transports herself back in time and ends up in the middle of a battle between the Scots and the Brits. Of course she’s terrified and right now she’s trying to figure out what the hell just happened. She’s already met a handsome Scottish man named Jamie and saved his life… What can I say? I love historical fiction/period pieces, and I’m a sucker for some romance as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I just found out about this series and so far all I know is what I’ve seen in the first episode (which you can stream for free on Starz right now). Right away, I fell in love with Claire’s 1940s style. Costumes are one of the best parts about period pieces, right? I thought it would be fun to take some of clothes she’s worn so far and give them a modern twist. If Claire was walking around right now in the year 2014, what would she wear (WWSW)? From what I’ve seen, she likes classically feminine pieces in neutral colors. However, she’s also not afraid to throw in some masculine elements as well, such as trousers, coats with strong shoulders, and oxfords.
Tell me: Have you guys seen the show or read the book(s)?
– It was so hard to resist shopping when I saw J. Crew’s new arrivals. This silk sleeveless blouse seems like something I’d wear over and over again.
– This star necklace- *insert heart-eye emoji here*.
– I think this colorblock chiffon shirt is so pretty. It’s another top that could do double duty- for work and for weekends.
– Give me all the starry things, including this button-down shirt.
– Pineapple print is the novelty print of the season and this mini-skirt version is so cute.
– Scallop-hem shorts? Yes please!
– Say hello the summer version of the chambray shirt.
Tell me: What’s on your wishlist right now?
Watch my latest video
Shop till you dropAll material on starcrossedsmile.com is copyrighted and all photographs are taken by me unless stated otherwise. If you would like to use any of my photographs for non-commercial purposes, please credit me by linking back to my blog. Thanks! © 2010-2015 starcrossedsmile.com