After much deliberation, I think I’ve finally decided on the items that will form my fall capsule wardrobe. I’ve been editing this list for weeks and really thinking about how I’ll be able to wear and remix the items that I chose. I narrowed it down to 40 pieces (which includes clothing, shoes, and outerwear, but doesn’t include accessories, underwear, and loungewear). Once I have everything in my possession, I’d like to take pictures of each item to share here. In the meantime, I thought I’d let you guys know what’s on my shopping list.
– a trench coat. This trench from Uniqlo might just be the one.
– black flats. I’m looking for a pair with an almond toe and a little extra detail. I really liked the design of this pair that I bought in spring, but they were just so uncomfortable that I had to let them go.
– a white tee. I need to replace mine and I like the essential v-neck tee from Gap.
– a graphic tee or sweatshirt. I already bought the maison des a.r.t.s sweatshirt from Madewell and I just love it.
– a burgundy sweater.
– a black cardigan.
– a gray cardigan (I’m eyeing this style at Uniqlo).
– a green army jacket. This has been on my list for several seasons and maybe this year I’ll find the one I’m looking for. Maybe it’s this one from Old Navy?
– a gray skirt.
– a faux-leather skirt.
– a gray dress. I like this classic style from Uniqlo.
– a black dress. This midi length LBD from Joe Fresh would be different for me, but I can picture a lot of different ways to style it.
– a grey-and-white striped tee.
– black slip-on sneakers. I’m completely a sneaker convert now. I love the texture on this version from Aeropostale and I’ve already added them to my closet.
If you have any suggestions or recommendations for these items, I’d love to hear them in the comments below. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Did I mention that I’ve been living in these cut-off denim shorts? This has been my summer uniform: a top + cutoffs + comfy shoes, and then I’m out the door. I definitely wanted to be comfortable because yesterday my roomie and I spent the day running errands around town. Usually I’m all about having the laziest Sunday, but this weekend I wanted to pick up a few things for the apartment. We may have chosen one of the worst weekends to run our errands though… Turns out it was NYU move-in day!
Outfit Details: Madewell striped tee, Gap shorts, Aeropostale Metallic Slip-On Shoe (c/o), H&M sunglasses and rings, Fossil Erin Satchel (via Macy’s), Lips- Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout, Nails- Rimmel Salon Pro in Hip Hop | photos- my roomie
I don’t know about where you live, but here in NYC we’ve been experiencing a lot of thunderstorms lately. I kind of like drifting off to the sound of rain at night, but they’re not so fun when they’re surprise thunderstorms and you’re caught without your umbrella! I feel like the tropical print trend fits in really well with this weather- when it’s monsoon season in the tropics, the rains can stop and start suddenly without warning. There are so many variations on this theme and today I’m sharing a few of my favorite picks.
Tell me: How do you feel about tropical print? Would you wear it?
Who’s excited for the Fourth of July next week? I’m still trying to figure out my plans, but as long as they involve a BBQ/potluck of some sort, I’ll be good. I’m most excited about having an extra day off work- I need a break! I love dressing to theme for any holiday, so today I thought it would be fun to pull together some patriotic pieces. You can go full red, white and blue with your outfit, or you could keep it subtle with just an Americana accessory. The best part? Most of these items are under $50 and everything is under $60!
Tell me: What do you have planned for the Fourth?
(starting at the top: Striped Ponte Dress, Straw Boater, Stars Print Midriff Shirt, Brass Star Earrings, Stripe Leather Pouch [30% off with code HISUMMER], Stars & Stripes Scarf, Classic Stripe Tee, Simple Tote in Flag Stripe, Star Muscle Tank, Vintage Cotton Tee in Stars [30% off with code HISUMMER], Americana Slip-On Sneaker, Pleated Stripe Short, Sailor Sweater in Stripe, Striped Sequin Dress, Pleated Star Chambray Skirt, American Flag Phone Case, Americana Earring Set)
Watch my latest video!
Shop till you drop!All material on starcrossedsmile.com is copyrighted and all photographs are taken by me unless stated otherwise. If you would like to use any of my photographs for non-commercial purposes, please credit me by linking back to my blog. Thanks! © 2010-2014 starcrossedsmile.com