It’s been a little while since my last capsule wardrobe update so I thought I’d show you guys a few of the things I’ve bought so far. There were certain items on my list that I’d seen online and wanted to check out in stores, many of which I did not end up purchasing. In most of those cases, the fit wasn’t what I wanted it to be or I didn’t like it as much in person. I did get the four items above though and I’m pretty excited about them.
Here’s what’s left on my list:
– burgundy sweater (I think I’ve settled on a pullover style that’s cropped.)
– black v-neck cardigan (Just a basic cardigan with long sleeves that hits me at the waist. The options I’ve checked out so far have been too long or too scratchy.)
– gray v-neck cardigan (same as above)
– black pleated skirt (Still not entirely sure what shape I’m going for yet, but I was thinking possibly a wrap skirt.)
– gray skirt (Again, not set on the shape yet, but I want it to be different from whichever black skirt I get.)
– solid gray dress (Something basic that I can style several ways. I’m considering this dress from LOFT.)
I’ve seen some options for the items above, but they weren’t exactly what I was looking for, so I’m still on the hunt. I am being pretty picky, but I think that makes sense because I will be wearing these same clothes for three months.
Tell me: Have you bought any fall clothes or accessories recently?
After much deliberation, I think I’ve finally decided on the items that will form my fall capsule wardrobe. I’ve been editing this list for weeks and really thinking about how I’ll be able to wear and remix the items that I chose. I narrowed it down to 40 pieces (which includes clothing, shoes, and outerwear, but doesn’t include accessories, underwear, and loungewear). Once I have everything in my possession, I’d like to take pictures of each item to share here. In the meantime, I thought I’d let you guys know what’s on my shopping list.
– a trench coat. This trench from Uniqlo might just be the one.
– black flats. I’m looking for a pair with an almond toe and a little extra detail. I really liked the design of this pair that I bought in spring, but they were just so uncomfortable that I had to let them go.
– a white tee. I need to replace mine and I like the essential v-neck tee from Gap.
– a graphic tee or sweatshirt. I already bought the maison des a.r.t.s sweatshirt from Madewell and I just love it.
– a burgundy sweater.
– a black cardigan.
– a gray cardigan (I’m eyeing this style at Uniqlo).
– a green army jacket. This has been on my list for several seasons and maybe this year I’ll find the one I’m looking for. Maybe it’s this one from Old Navy?
– a gray skirt.
– a faux-leather skirt.
– a gray dress. I like this classic style from Uniqlo.
– a black dress. This midi length LBD from Joe Fresh would be different for me, but I can picture a lot of different ways to style it.
– a grey-and-white striped tee.
– black slip-on sneakers. I’m completely a sneaker convert now. I love the texture on this version from Aeropostale and I’ve already added them to my closet.
If you have any suggestions or recommendations for these items, I’d love to hear them in the comments below. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
I know what you’re thinking- something looks different. I was going through my folders and found these pictures that I think were taken around this time last year. Back then I was sporting bangs and my hair was a bit longer too. I kind of miss my bangs. Perhaps the next time I get my hair done I’ll go back to bangs (and maybe I’ll go for that cut I’ve been contemplating too).
Lately we’ve been experiencing that in-between weather. Some days it’s rainy and cool and other days it’s warm and breezy. I refuse to wear tights anymore, so recently I’ve been wearing pants a lot, unless it’s really warm outside. I feel like this would make a good outfit for the in-between weather. The pants would keep my legs warm so that I don’t get chilly, while the layers I’m wearing on top are light enough so that I don’t overheat.
Did you guys have a good weekend? It was a pretty quiet one for me. I ran a few errands, cleaned up a bit around the apartment, made some chocolate chip muffins and finished One Hundred Years of Solitude. Today after work I’m headed to a friend’s house for a little Cinco de Mayo celebration!
Outfit Details: Cardigan- Gap // Top- Joe Fresh // Jeans- Old Navy // Necklace- Forever 21 // Sandals- Target // Purse- Ruche // photos- Delayed Missives
If I’ve worn this cardigan three times since I got it a week ago, does it mean that I’m in love? I’ve been searching for a cardigan like this at a decent price for a few seasons now and I’m so happy I found this one at Aeropostale.
One of the reasons I like fall is that I get to snuggle in cozy sweaters like this one. It really does feel like I have a super soft blanket wrapped around me. I mean, does it get better than that?
Guys, I have a black ankle bootie problem. I just can’t resist them! I decided that for the time being I’m going to focus on more practical shoes, so I love that these are low-heeled and comfortable. Plus the little studs on the back are super cute.
Watch my latest video
Shop till you dropAll material on starcrossedsmile.com is copyrighted and all photographs are taken by me unless stated otherwise. If you would like to use any of my photographs for non-commercial purposes, please credit me by linking back to my blog. Thanks! © 2010-2015 starcrossedsmile.com