Feeling Like a Cowgirl

I’ve been wearing my new boots almost everyday recently and this day, I decided to pair them with my black ruffled skirt for an all-over western vibe.  I wore this teal dress underneath the skirt so that it looks like a top because I think that as a dress it has a really unflattering fit on me.  Also, I just had to wear these star-print tights because the color of the stars matches the top exactly.  Finally, to finish off the outfit and hold up the skirt because it is one size too big, I added this wide stretch black belt.  I felt like I was in middle school again learning how to line dance during PE, hence the following pose.  Did any of you guys learn line dancing or square dancing when you were little?

dress (worn as top), cami (underneath), skirt,
earrings, belt- forever 21, tights- gift, boots- Wanted

I had a pretty nice weekend- Friday involved falling into a food coma after stuffing myself with delicious Indian food.  Then Saturday, I went out to dinner again, as a mini-reunion for the people I lived with in Spain this past summer.  It was so great to see them again and catch-up about our lives.  Then yesterday, I attended a lovely superbowl party with most of my friends, drank some delicious Riesling, then went to a dance party!  All in all, a really good time! :)  Tell me about your weekend?  Did the team you were rooting for win yesterday?

P.S. If you haven’t already, give me a little hello on twitter! I’d love to hear from you :)

Comments

omg, I remember that- the having to dance with boys part was soo scary! Haha, I don't even remember any of the steps now either! Thank you! :)

Thanks Ashley! Yeah, I didn't want to look toooo country, but a little bit is okay :) Haha, my weekend was a bit too eventful because I was not productive at all in terms of school! I need to be working more as well, saving up money for Vegas!

3. Ashley says

I love this! I like the color palette you used along with the shapes. It keeps it from being overwhelmingly country-ish. I love those tights, too! I remember our teacher talking about line dancing in middle school PE, but I think we must have ran out of time for that lesson, because we never learned it! Just as well!

Your weekend sounds really interesting! Way more eventful than mine. I worked, worked some more, and blogged. I'm awesome, aren't I?

4. RosieSavage says

Seriously cool boots! And I learned a bit of line dancing in primary school… absolutely awful!
    Glad you had a good weekend,

Rosie x

5. Shanah says

Well, my granddad's not really getting better, but fingers crossed, you know :) I love the color of your dress, it looks really good on you :D

6. littleboat says

it's weird because i am from tennessee, but there was NO line dancing or square dancing in any of my gym classes! i hope it's not too late to learn!

7. DailyDoseOfGlitter says

Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting! Love your blog! How about following each other?
    P.S. I'm already following you:)
    dailydoseofglitter.blogspot.com

8. The Merry Traveller says

Yes you do look like you are ready to line dance! We had something called mass dance which everyone in the school did synchronized dance moves but never line dancing. It would have been fun though.

Yep, it is, but I never wear it as a dress anymore because I don't like the way it looks! Thanks! Wow, sounds you did a lot traveling this weekend, glad to hear you had a good time! =)

10. comewhinewithme says

Is the green thing a dress? Looks great! I had a fabolous weekend, was home in Norway and now I'm back in London;-( Wish the weekend had been much longer! I'm glad to hear yours was good too:-)