FBFF: Inspiration

My second Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Group post, so exciting!  This week’s questions are about inspiration and it’s been fun thinking about where my inspiration comes from.

1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration? There are several celebrities whose style I admire- I wouldn’t necessarily say that I try to copy them, but I often like what they wear.

Zoe Saldana: Well, first of all, she’s absolutely gorgeous and I think her style is effortlessly chic in a way that I really love.

source
source

Blake Lively:  She is one sexy lady and doesn’t mind showing off what she’s got!

source
source

Rachel Bilson: She’s petite (like me!) and looks chic both on and off the red carpet.

source
source

2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you? When describing my personal style, I find it really difficult to pinpoint the right words.  I would say that I’m inspired by looks that are girly and simple/comfortable, yet still chic.  I’m a pretty mellow, easy-going person and I think that’s reflected in my style.  Other times, however, I want to try something different, like tough combat boots or bright colorblocking!  I don’t know, help me out with this one guys!  How would you describe my style?

girly girl- pearls and bows
a little edgier

3. How do you hope to inspire your readers? As I often say, I’m inspired by real-girl fashion and I hope to do the same for my readers.  I hope I inspire my readers to try new outfits, learn a new craft, or learn more about a topic that’s new to them!  I’m inspired by my fellow bloggers everyday and I just want to share the love and pass on the inspiration. =)

4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you?
This is a little bit of a reiteration of one of my answers from last week, but I think my parents are really inspirational.  They have both overcome a lot of adversity to get to where they are now and they’ve done it all together- I think that’s really amazing.

5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you?
Anything by John Legend (click here and here for my two favorite songs).  Seriously, he’s my go-to artist no matter what emotion I’m feeling, and especially when I want to relax or focus.  His voice is just so…soothing and in my opinion, it touches the soul.  I would absolutely love to see him in concert!

source
Just had to include this picure because they are so cute together, but boy, am I jealous of this girl! ;)

Tell me: What or Who inspires you?

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday was created by Katy Rose of Modly Chic. Become a member at the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group to join in the discussion!

Comments

Awww, thank you Sabine, how very kind of you! It is so nice to have a knitting buddy in the blogosphere! =) Happy Easter to you too!

Thanks Plami! I love Olivia Palermo too- I just hope her personality isn't like they portrayed it on The City!

Aww, thank you Kiah, you are way too sweet! :D I think Victoria Beckham has great style- she always looks so sleek and polished!

Thank you so much Claire! Aww, your little girls are so adorable and I loved seeing the pictures of them in your last post =)

5. Julie Iliana says

ah, Zoe Saldana is crazy beautiful! and that open back dress looks super sexy! and Rachel Bilson?! LOVE HER TOO! She's definitely inspiring to me because she's petite (like me too) and it's hard to dress sometimes for shorter people :( so I get tips from her hehe. as well as MK Olsen!

btw, your answers feel so genuine :) I love that!

X

6. Rosie says

Zoe Saldana is ridiculously beautiful, and Rachel Bilson has such style!
    Deary me, I wouldn't know how to describe my style either :/

Rosie x

7. Nekiah says

I loved this post. It is so interesting to get to know a person just a little bit more and the more I get to know you…the more I love you girl! I would have to say that my favorite celebrity style inspiration comes from Victoria Beckham. I think she has amazing style! I would say the person that inspires me the most is JESUS! I sooooooooo want to be like Him!! ;-) Kiah

8. Cate says

firstly, welcome tot he group!
    secondly, i think we might be soul sisters :) not only did we both name blake lively as a style icon, you totally called it with zoe saldana (who i completely didn't even think of) not to mention i am OBSESSED with john legend. slow dance is my favourite john legend song of all time. i have been declaring my intention to marry him for years.

9. jamie blogredhead says

lovely ladies!! great inspiration! i love all ladies myself dear! hope all is going well nnenna! Muah!

10. Melliott930 says

Ahhh we have some of the same favorites fashion lady inspirations :) I really think Zoe does a fantastic job of picking shapes and colors that accentuate how gorgeous she is but they never overwhelm her. She wears THEM, as they say!

-Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

11. Gentrilee says

I love Rachel Bilson!! Her style is casual yet feminine like mine. :) And I wish I had Blake Lively's hair. hahaha!