My Personal Challenge- Accessorize!

DSC_0065

Some of you may have seen me mention on twitter that I’ve given myself a little challenge this week.  Now I’m here to explain what that’s all about!  I’m probably one of very few people who have this problem, but hear me out!  So I have all of this lovely jewelry, including various earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, and so on.  Every day, I put on the two rings that I only take off when I’m sleeping- without the two rings below, my fingers feel naked.

Then I put on a pair of earrings or two, usually studs if I’m headed to work, and that’s it.  And there’s my problem!  I have all of these pretty accessories, but I rarely wear them.  For some reason, after I’ve put on my rings and a pair of earrings, I feel like I’m done accessorizing.  Well this week, I want to challenge myself to put my other accessories to good use.  In addition to my usual jewels, I’m making myself put on at least one more accessory every day.  Here are the results from the first two days:

On Monday, I wore this leaf ring as my extra accessory.  I thought it complemented my shirt nicely, which had a sort of abstract leafy pattern.

Yesterday, I pulled out this black wrap bracelet that I bought from Forever 21 for about $7.  The bracelet looked great with my black patent flats and added a little bit of edge to my outfit.

Tell me: Does anybody else have this problem or am I the only weirdo? ;)

Follow me on Instagram for updates about the challenge and check back here on later in the week to see what other jewelry I wore! :)

*graphics in pictures above from Pugly Pixel!

Comments

You are so not alone! I hardly ever wore jewelry until this last year. It wasn’t practical when I was swimming every day. Even now, it is a struggle to remember to add a little accessory flair to my outfits!

haha I completely have this problem! I wear the same stud earrings and chain necklace for months at a time, even though my jewellery box is bursting…
    thanks for wishing me luck on my internship – pop back and find out how it goes?! I’m following you so’s I can hear bout your jewellery task! xx
    lifeisunplanned.blogspot.com

3. jamie says

nnenna, i have that veryyyy same problem!! i will challenge myself to do the same =) you have some very great pieces, girl! hope your week is going well!

x

4. Alyse says

YEP YEP YEP

I’m rubbish at accessorizing so it’s always the same few things I seem to pick up despite having loads of pretty accessories.

I also think some people are just more used to accessorizing and jingling the rest of us. Idk, not really second nature, I guess?

5. Samantha Elisabeth says

I love this! I have the opposite problem. I have a huge tendency to not wear jewelry at all (like now!), so I want to start!

i think my problem is that i don’t accessorize enough because i don’t have enough accessories. i don’t seem to think about them when i’m out shopping. i was actually thinking to myself today that when i go to the flea market this weekend, i should invest in pretty jewelry rather than another vintage dress.

I’m the same- with the exception of earrings, I’m much more likely to buy clothes than jewelry. I’ll be checking to see if you found any pretty vintage jewelry at the flea market this weekend =)

7. Lessa says

I really stuggle with accessories, I cant decide what will work and I cant ever make them look right on me.

I wonder if is because I cant pick the right one or if its just me and the way I looked makes it impossible to pull them off

I bet it will just take practice and getting used to wearing them! I remember when I first started wearing my ring, my hand felt so strange at first, but now I feel strange without them on! =)

Trackbacks