Denim in the Springtime

dress- Orchid Grey’s blog shop, necklace- Kitty Cait’s etsy shop, flats and cardigan- forever 21

It has been a busy two weeks for me friends!  I have yet to upload my pictures from spring break, but as I was going through them I realized I was a very poor blogger in terms of documenting my travels!  Not only did I not take any pictures while I was in San Francisco/Bay Area, I also didn’t take any outfit pictures!  I guess I was just having so much fun that it just slipped my mind! :D  However, the weather was gorgeous the day before I left home to go back to school, so I convinced my sister to take a few pictures so that I would have at least one outfit post from spring break.

Thanks to my sis Nikki for taking these pictures!

When I purchased this dress from Julie’s blog shop, I definitely had spring on the mind!  I bought it right before spring break and I couldn’t wait to where it exactly like I’ve done here- with bare legs!  I think this dress is really versatile though and I can’t wait to style it up a bunch of different ways.

Also, you may have noticed that things look different around here- that’s because I changed about the layout again!  I needed to bring some color, something lighter to the page.  And I’ve added easy navigation buttons to the top of the page, as well as an about me page.  I would love to hear what you guys think! =)

Hope everyone has a marvelous Sunday!

Comments

1. Jenarcissist says

That's the epitome of a springtime look! I have to say, my favorite pic is the one of you smiling big!! You have THE greatest smile, for real! You look so easy-breezy and happy with yourself there. Love it.

And I really dig the new layout too. Very "friendly" looking.

Thank you Sabine, glad to know I'm not the only who forgets to take pictures on vacation! I did have a lovely time in SF =)

3. Julie iliana says

cute dress! you look great :) as for your layout, I like the simplicity of it! it's very easy to navigate and the colors are very spring-y, hehe ;)

re: thanks for your comment! sticking to one topic is so not me :p

4. Sabine says

Tshe weather looks lovely where you are, and the dress looks great on you – so perfect for spring. Yeap, I'm also often finding it difficult to take pictures when I'm travelling – too much going on… Hope you had a great time in SF.

5. Caramella says

Oooh you look lovely! Such a pretty dress and that owl necklace is so cute! Thank you for stopping by, if you like we can follo each other! :)

6. Rosie says

I love love love the dress – you've inspired me to get my own denim dress out soon!
    Oh, I really like the new layout too :)
    Glad you had a good trip,

Rosie x

7. allie says

hi!! thanks for commenting on my blog :) i just posted on some of my fav pieces of jewelry and i had a pic of an owl necklace very similar to yours! love the dress and can't wait until i can wear bare legs!!

xo, allie
    accordingtoallieblog.blogspot.com

8. Yona says

Loved everything! <3 Dress, shoes, necklace… all! Your style is really pretty :). Oh and don't worry, i never take pictures when i'm having fun lol. It's too bad but i guess that happens.

9. ohsosophi says

Your blog is looking better than ever!

Your dress really is perfect for spring, and that color is pure magic on you. I love the nice details like the owl necklace and darling earrings too :)

10. Ashley Rae says

Lovely spring break outfit! Can you believe just a week ago we were having such beautiful weather in Cali?
    Thanks for stopping by Nnenna! And I hope you are doing well too!

11. CoCo Wray says

Thanks for the visit and comments! I've become a follower of SCM & hope you'll do the same at CoCo Wray! xx,CoCo

12. Plami says

This dress is so perfect!!! I can imagine it styled in so many ways as well! And it goes so perfectly with this vest!!! You look lovely!

I completely understand why you didn't take any photos! the same thing I do… I always plan to document everything but in the end I forget :D

Thank you fort he lovely comment!

XoxO
    Plami

Thanks Dee! I would love to participate in your Denim Challenge if it's not too late! Just sent you a tweet about it :)

14. The Merry Traveller says

AMAZING! Oh no! I've started a Denim Challenge and here you are wearing denim but you do look super lovely in this? Won't you take part in my challenge still? Would love for you to participate!

Thank you Courtney! It was nice to be somewhere warm and I'm not excited about the snow that's in the forecast for New Haven :(