Remember how I said I would post my DC pictures today? Well that will just have to wait until next week because this week’s FBFF questions are so fun- they’re all about Halloween! In the past few years, Halloween has easily become one of my favorite holidays. During my childhood, I wasn’t allowed to dress up or go trick-or-treating, which took a lot of the fun out of the day. Needless to say, when I celebrated my first real Halloween in college, I partied hard ;) Also, Halloween in college was a multiple-day celebration, so for most years I had two costumes!
2007- Robin Hood
2009- Fashion Police (jk, I was a detective)
Handmade by me
2010- Tightrope Walker
1. Do you have plans for Halloween? What will you dress up as this year? Yes, I think I do now! This is my first Halloween out of college, so I wasn’t sure how/if any of my friends were celebrating. Thankfully, one of my friends decided to organize a Halloween party for us all! However, finding that out last week means I am so behind on my costume planning! I really like to be creative with my costumes, which means they take a while to make. However, I don’t think I’ll have enough time this year to pull something really amazing together. As far as costume ideas, my roomie suggested Daenerys from Game of Thrones and since I am currently obsessed with that series, it might just be a great costume for me…
2. Where do you go for costume and makeup inspiration? This is going to sound obvious, but I just turn to google and literally search “halloween costume ideas!” Sometimes my friends and I bounce ideas off each other, or in the case of the beekeeper costume above, I was reading The Secret Life of Bees at the time which definitely served as my inspiration for the costume. Also, youtube is a great place for makeup tutorials! My friend was a mermaid last year and we used a trick we saw in a youtube video to create the lovely effect of scales all over here face (see an example here).
3. What was the best costume you’ve ever donned? I think my favorite costume so far was the tightrope walker costume. It took a lot of effort to put together, including making the skirt and adding various embellishments to the top and pole, but all that hard work makes me especially proud of how it turned out!
4. What’s the most creative costume you’ve ever seen? Gosh, I don’t know! I think the most creative costumes are the ones where you take what you have and make it into something completely new. For example, my friend went as a battery (see above) and she took pieces she already owned and whipped up a great costume in a matter of hours!
5. No holds barred if you could dress up as anything, what would it be? I would love to dress up as Blair or Serena from Gossip Girl- designer clothes included please! ;)
Tell me: What’s your all-time favorite Halloween costume?
As usual, I’d love to hear your answers to any and all of these questions in the comments! :)
Watch my latest video
Shop till you dropAll material on starcrossedsmile.com is copyrighted and all photographs are taken by me unless stated otherwise. If you would like to use any of my photographs for non-commercial purposes, please credit me by linking back to my blog. Thanks! © 2010-2015 starcrossedsmile.com