Welcome to the first post in my new Handmade Holidays series! In these posts, I’ll be putting together some of my ideas/selections to hopefully inspire you during the holiday season. As I mentioned in this post, I’m making a conscious effort to shop handmade as much as possible this year, so those are mostly the type of items I’ll be showing you all. To start off, it’s not too early to be thinking about your holiday greeting cards!
Even if I don’t have the funds to buy presents for as many people as I want to, I can at least send them cards to let them know that I’m thinking of them! It’s so nice to receive a note in the mail and these handmade cards will make the note even more special :)
- Keep Calm and Jingle On: A cute twist on the popular phrase “Keep Calm and Carry On.”
- Christmas Tree Mod: The design of the Christmas tree on these cards reminds me of stained glass- lovely!
- Baby It’s Cold Outside Postcards: The title of one of my favorite holiday songs, paired with a cute illustration of a girl and her puppy.
- Twitter Holiday Cards: This design was totally made for all us blogger geeks out there- so cute!
- Christmas Cards- Falling Stars: I love the dainty falling stars in this pretty design.
- Holiday Cards- Snowfall: Beautiful snowflakes (in my mind, they’re the holiday version of stars :).
- Letterpress Holiday Cupcake Cards: This reminds me of another wonderful thing about the holidays- all of the sweet treats!
- Happy Holidays Eco-Friendly Greetings: A simple and classic design.
Holiday Tip #1: Start writing your holiday cards now (or at least making a list of who you want to send them to)! My family always waits until the last minute and let me tell you, it is chaos trying to send out a 100+ cards to people on Dec. 23rd! It takes time to write a note in the card and address it and you may find that you need to update some outdated mailing addresses. Save yourself some stress and start early! Plus, if you start early and forget some people on your initial list, you’ll still have time to send out a spiffy card to them! =)
Tell me: Which set above is your favorite? Also, feel free to share any of your holiday card tips in the comments below! =)