Coral Way

Coral Way 1

Coral Way 1

Coral Way 3

Coral Way 2

On cool spring days I love to pull out my maxi skirts and dresses. It’s perfect because I can keep my legs covered and warmish without enclosing them in pants. By the time spring/summer rolls around I’m tired of wearing pants all winter long and I just want my legs to be free!

I had to look back in my archive to figure out where I bought this skirt (see how useful it is to have a blog? haha). Turns out I thrifted it a couple years ago and I’m betting I paid $10 or less because I don’t like to spend more than that on a single item at a thrift store. This skirt has got to be one of my favorite thrift finds because it’s 100% silk and I can only imagine how expensive that would be if I bought it new today!

What do you guys have planned this weekend? I’m hoping to finally see Gatsby tonight and my roomie and I might also go on a little excursion to Ikea!

Outfit Details: Cardigan, Tee, Necklace- Forever 21 // Skirt- Thrifted // Purse- Ruche // Shoes- Target (old) // (all photos above taken by my friend Babe- thanks lady!)

Comments

Oh hi. I really like this skirt.

And if you still care, I think that tree is still too green. But I have a thing about greens being too green.

Wow, you thrifted a 100% silk skirt in that gorgeous color! Great find – I like how you kept everything else neutral to let the coral pop. :)

This entire outfit is so pretty. And what an amazing thrift store find! I love maxi dresses and skirts but only have a few. I need to invest in a couple more pieces for summer!

The skirt is so pretty, what a great thrifting find! I hope you enjoy the movie. There’s a slight chance I might be seeing the new Star Trek. We’ll see.

That is a very pretty maxi and nice thrift find!
    I definitely do not have a $10 rule, I’ve been known to spend some serious cash on second hand items, because a good deal is still a good deal.

That’s very true! I don’t have a hard-and-fast $10 deal, I just can’t remember having spent more than that on one item at a thrift store. Like you said though, a deal is a deal and I probably would for the right item!

6. Mia says

How pretty! That’s a really great color on you, and I like how you’ve styled it.

I don’t know what Alex means down below, but I’m going to disagree with her on principal. Greener! Greener trees! MORE GREEN.

Thanks Mia! Haha, as I mentioned to Alex, I saw that the trees were pretty green but by that time I had an editing headache and decided that I could live with extra-green trees ;)