Winter Shorts

leather shorts, black and white, winter outfit with shorts, california winter, shorts and tights

When it’s winter on the East Coast, you can’t really get away with wearing shorts outside (unless you want to freeze to death). Luckily for me, these pictures were taken in California, where winter = 60 degrees in December.

ankle boots, petty, leather ankle boots, comfortable boots, everyday boots

I only packed two pairs of shoes when I went home last month: my heeled ankle boots from Nordstrom and my Sam Edelman Petty boots. I’d been lusting after these boots for months and I finally took the plunge when they released the black leather version last fall. They were definitely pricier than what I’d normally pay but I know the splurge was worth it. I wear them all the time and I’m hoping they’ll last for many years.

Outfit Details: Cardigan and Shorts- Forever 21 // Top and Tights- Joe Fresh // Necklace c/o Gorjana-Griffin // Shoes- Sam Edelman Petty (in Black Gladiator Leather) // Lips- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl // photos- my sister

Comments

1. Jenmarie says

LOVE the way you paired your shorts with the tights! It’s a cute trend that not too many people try or do right but your take looks really nice!
    stylethroughhereyes.com

I had to look closely to see that they were shorts, but I actually love them. This may just be the only way to actually wear them in winter, so good for you for giving it a go. Happy New Year! /Madison

I have the same boots in a light brown suede, I LOVE them. They’re so comfy. I just noticed the other day shopbop has them in the black leather like yours with a black sole, if I didn’t already have two other black boots Id get them!!

Thank you Jessica! I really wanted the Petty boots, but I was hesitant about the suede because I didn’t think they would stand up against the mean streets of NYC. That’s why I was so happy when they finally released them in leather (and apparently there’s a leather version with a black sole too!). Of course I loved the warmer Cali weather, but I left CA and headed back to frigid NYC right before the New Year!

Too cute, Nnenna! and the lighting on the photos are gorgeous too. I have a pair of shorts that I’ve been wanting to wear for the winter since they’re thick, faux leather, and I can really only envision wearing them with tights. But it’s too cold right now! :(

Thank you Laura! I’ve been complaining about the cold weather but I know you guys in the Midwest have it way worse! Hope you’re staying safe + warm!

5. Katrina Sophia says

gorgeous! I really like the whole monochrome look with a pop of colour, cobalt blue fingernails. you rock it to perfection!

glad you liked my painting! will have more coming, stay tuned x

Katrina Sophia Blog

Thank you! No, these aren’t the Litely filters. I hadn’t heard of those before- I’ll have to check those out! These are from a different site but I can’t remember the link at the moment. I have it saved on my computer at home- remind me to look it up!

6. Tallia says

You are so cute. Your smile is so radiant. The nail polish is a really nice pop of color to the outfit

Tallia