When I mentioned this idea last week, at least five people said that they thought this was a good idea, so I think that’s definitely enough to get this going! Say hello to a new little venture of mine: the Correspondence Club! First of all, if you want to read more about my undying love for letters, check out this post! Basically, I think a letter is such a special, thoughtful item that you can treasure for years and I love to write them :) Plus, I go ga-ga for stationery (seriously, I mean I dedicated a whole post to this paper store that I love!) so it’s a win-win combination for me! I was so glad to hear that there are others out there who enjoy writing letters just as much as I do. I used to have a pen pal when I was younger, but sadly over the years we lost touch. Remembering how much I enjoyed that experience, I thought it would be a fun idea to start up this pen pal club! I know everyone already has a lot going on, so I definitely want to keep this low-cost, low commitment, and above all, loads of fun! Check out the deets:
- Who can join? Anyone! Bloggers, non-bloggers, all are welcome!
- How it works:
- Send out one letter every month, by the 15th of the month at the latest.
- Include a little gift with your letter (doesn’t need to be bigger than a standard envelope and should cost $5 or less)- something you think would brighten your pen pal’s day!
- Once you receive your letter, snap a quick picture and send it me, along with a little anecdote or comment about your letter if you want.
- Feel free to post about your letter or share it however you like.
- At the end of the month, I’ll do a round-up post on my blog showing off everyone’s pictures and linking to the blogs/sites of all the people who participated.
- Side note: Feel free to be as creative as you want with your letters! For example, if doodling is your thing, add some doodles to your partner’s letter! :) Also, if you can’t participate one month, no worries at all! Just let me know as soon as possible so that I can pair your pen pal with someone else.
- Where can I sign up? Easy, all you have to do is send me an email with the following information:
Blog/Site (if you have one):
Do you mind having an international pen pal?:
The deadline to sign up for February will be Sunday, February 5th at 5:00pm EST. I’ll then send out an email that Sunday evening, letting everyone know who their partners are! You’ll have a little less time this first month to send out your letter; normally I will send a reminder at the end of the previous month. So, I hope you guys sign up and spread the word to anyone else who you think might be interested! If you have any questions about the sign-up, process, or anything at all, please don’t hesitate to contact me! :)
If you would like to display on your blog that you are a proud member of the Correspondence Club, then feel free to grab the button below!
<div align="center"><a href="http://starcrossedsmile.com/2012/02/join-the-correspondence-club/" title="Correspondence Club"><img src="http://starcrossedsmile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/7237135354_255b7b0e7a_m4.jpg" alt="Correspondence Club" style="border:none;" /></a></div>