How has everyone’s week been? The first half of the week was pretty hectic for me, but then things settled down a bit. Also, yesterday, I attended a fun event at Madewell with Alex- I’ll post some of the snaps I took on Monday! In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to share some of the links that caught my eye this week :)
1. Has Blogging Lost Its Community?: IFB wrote a really interesting article about how the community sense in blogging has changed from what it used to be five years ago. Many bloggers have noticed a gradual decline in comments, while there’s been an increase in interactions on other social networks such as Facebook or Twitter. There’s a really great discussion going on in the comments too (I even added my two cents!).
2. Instagram Camera: Even though this idea was originally a joke, I would totally buy one of these if they actually decided to manufacture them!
3. Industry of One: This cool website showcases young professionals in various industries and what they wear during the work week. According to their site, their goal is to “document the relationship between one’s line of work + walk of life.” I really enjoyed reading the interviews- the people they profile have really interesting stories to tell.
4. Cannes Film Festival: Doesn’t Eva Longoria just look stunning? Take a look at this slideshow to see what she and other stars have been wearing on the red carpet at Cannes.
5. H&M Floral Pants on Citizen Couture: I’m sure you’ve seen these floral pants everywhere, but here’s some more inspiration on how to wear them. I love seeing how one item of clothing can be styled so differently!
Tell me: What do you have planned for the weekend?
On Saturday, I’m attending a swap that is co-hosted by ClosetRaid and Kimberlee and I cannot wait! This is exactly the push I need to go through my closet, so on Friday evening I plan to do some serious spring cleaning. I hope to finally donate and/or swap all the clothes I’ve been meaning to get rid of, so I can have a bit more space in my closet. It’s also my friend’s birthday on Saturday, so a few of us will be gathering to celebrate! Hope you all have a lovely weekend and see you back here Monday :)