Friday, you’re my fave. This is another one of those weeks that dragged on, but hey, we made it, and now it’s Friday. I’ve been participating in a read-a-thon all week (I’m attempting to start and finish 7 books!) and so far it’s been going well. The goal for the weekend is to take advantage of the extra hours for reading. Other than that, I have no major plans, although I wouldn’t be surprised if I went to brunch one day or enjoyed some time in the park. Here are a few good links to carry you into the weekend:
– It’s been a long time since I clicked on to the Cosmo website, but I really enjoyed this interview with Jill Abramson, the first female executive editor of The New York Times.
– Hallie curated an awesome guide of things to do in New York City this summer.
– A great article from Zadie Smith on what it means to be addicted to reading.
– Chelsea shared the loveliest film photos from her recent trip to Italy.
– I’m not sure why, but I’ve been listening to this old Juanes album on repeat this week and it’s still so good.
– I found it interesting to read these thoughts on designing a book cover.
– Solange is on the cover of Lucky Magazine’s August issue– my love for her continues.
– I just heard about this cool tumblr called Subway Book Review. This blogger snaps pictures of people reading on the subway and asks them to give a mini review of the book.
Hope you have a good weekend!