Wanderlust

ireland, landscape, castle, united kingdom, Due to poor planning and a lack of funds, it does not look like I’ll be taking a vacation anytime soon (boo). I may be able to get away for a day trip, but probably not a full-blown vacay. I’m slowly coming to terms with it and if I can’t go away, I can at least live vicariously through other people. My best friend has been in Spain for the past month visiting her family and she recently sent me two postcards. They made me smile and brought on waves of nostalgia because they were related to places that we’d visited together some years ago.

Aside from my best friend, I’m also living vicariously through a few people on my Instagram feed who’ve posted some gorgeous pictures recently. Take a look (click image for link)…

walnut beach connecticut, connecticut, milford, beach connecticut mount hood, oregon, pacific northwest, mountain, lake, mr. darcy's estate, chatsworth house, pride and prejudice, pride and prejudice movie location, mr. darcy's estate california, tiburon, boats, ferry, tiburon ferry, mykonos greece, greece, mykonos, hammock, vacation

Tell me: Are you taking a trip any time soon?

Comments

1. sartorialsidelines says

This past year I haven’t done nearly as much traveling as I’ve been accustomed to — no more job interviews all over the US, no more research trips to Europe, and no more conferences all over the place now that I’m done with the PhD and in a non-academic job. I definitely miss all that travel that I used to get to do and am eagerly planning an excursion to Scotland next year!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Lovely imagery! We just went to Jamaica last month and have a few weddings to go to in the fall but I’m constantly dreaming of vacation destinations!

Wow, I WISH I was going away any time soon. Things are crazy at work right now and it’s looking like I won’t really be able to tear myself away for a while. These are beautiful snaps!

4. SHE Jenmarie says

These photos make me wish I can take a vacation myself! I am sorry you won’t be able to, but a days getaway should be nice too!

5. Jessica says

I have really been wanting a vacation too but I am watching my budget. I do have a trip to New York for Thanksgiving hopefully planned. You should check out my post on staycations that went up today.

Tracy @ Sunny Days And Starry Nights

I want to go to all of these places! I’m taking a small weekend vacation to D.C. in a few weeks to visit my friend who lives there! Excited for that!
    ~Sara

Ahhh so lovely… I have not been on a proper vacation in quite some time, though I’ve had a few long weekends. I’ll be in the Cape this weekend for a baby shower, and hopefully I’ll make it to block island (haven’t been in years) and coney island (never been!) before the end of August!

Chic on the Cheap

8. katherine says

Those photos look dreamy :) but yes I’m taking a holiday :) To Japan and Hong kong! I can’t wait :)