It’s safe to say that I’m over winter by this point. I’m daydreaming about taking a vacation to somewhere warm… It felt like a lot of stuff was happening in January and a good deal of the month was spent getting back into my normal routine. I’m happy that February is here though because that means we’re only getting closer to spring. All right, let’s get down to the links I was reading this week:
– By now you’ve probably heard that there’s a new Harper Lee book coming out this year. My immediate reaction was excitement because To Kill a Mockingbird is such an iconic book and it was crazy to find out about this long-lost prequel. Then I read a few articles about her legal troubles and her editor’s thoughts on the new book, and now I’m not so sure. It really seems like there’s more to this than meets the eye and it’s all feeling a bit shady. Thoughts?
– I still feel like I’m such a makeup newb and when Mackenzie talked about her experience of booking a private consultation at Sephora, I thought it was very interesting. Apparently the 90 minute consultation is free if you purchase $125 worth of products and we all know how easy it is to spend that much at Sephora. I’m still on a spending ban for now, but it’s definitely something I’m considering trying in the future. I think it could be really useful/helpful for me to sit down and talk to a professional.
– Keiko’s post has made me want to try more liquid lipsticks.
– Roxane Gay is so cool. If you haven’t read anything she’s written yet, you really should.
– Guys, I was full-on weeping when I watched the Parenthood series finale last week. When you follow these characters for so long, you just get really invested (or at least I do) and everyone knows that Parenthood is famous for it’s ability to induce tears. On that note, Vulture put together a ranking of which characters made us cry the most (this is why I love Vulture).